• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stop the MELTDOWN!!

unicar15

Everyone who is b*tching about the freakin defense do you realize a GIGANTIC 350lb run stuffing DT was out of the lineup tonight?? Maake is our best run stopper and it definitely showed tonight. He should be rested up and ready to go at least by playoff time so all the nay-sayers need to take a step back, relax, and realize that not having Kemo (or Lewis for the 4th quarter) was a HUGE loss and when he comes back our D will be back to normal.

Side note tho...the PI call on Lucas was BULLSHIT. How do you get an interference call when you are looking at the ball THE ENTIRE WAY into the receivers path of reception. That call absolutely blew my mind and I think that the refs just thought that they had let the game be too physical and decided to blow their load all over one call.

Yes and yes.

There were two plays that squeaked the game out in favor of the Giants IMHO. That BS PI call ... no way that's PI, first because of what you said and second because there was a lot of contact by both receiver and defender on the play. It should have been a no-call.

The other was that bad, silly, horrible hold by Smitty. I love the man, he was a thorn for the Giants all night long, but that obvious hold that turned a first down where we were driving for the winning score just knifed us there. He knows better. It was really the only bad mistake anyone on the team made all night. I hope he uses that situation like he usually does ... to motivate him to perform better going forward.

Kemo would not have prevented what they did. Thems the facts. They still would have rushed for over 200 yards. They did what WE do...run the ball damn well behind a damn good O-Line.

I'm hoping for a rematch.

I don't agree with that...

They had Johnson lined up at DT on Wards huge run during their second possession of overtime. He was lined up in a 3 technique and got absolutely blown off the ball by about 6 yards which left the wide open hole that Ward ran through.

They wouldn't have done that to Kemo. With Kemo, I think this game is different.

What meltdown? The defense played like sh*t and deserve to be called out on it. One guy doesnt cause a total collapse of the defense. If it does, we might as well pack it in right now 'cause there will be no Super Bowl for us.

It's not ONE guy...but he was a huge factor. There were things we could have done differently. But Kemo being out, Lewish getting hurt, and then the next best backup playing with a broken hand? I mean...how can you overlook that and pin it on the secondary? Get real..

is he why we missed tackles, or why 2 or 3 guys all tried to hit the same gap (wards big run up the gut in OT). how does maake stop that? we missed tackles yet again and got out of position by getting into the wrong gaps. him out hurt it the giants line getting a good surge, but cant make up for the big runs that ward had, not at all.

Archived