• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vote! What’s the first big move Tepper should make?

Hotsauce

What big move do you foresee/want?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What big move do you foresee/want?

• Sign Greg Hardy
    • Force Igo to get rid of the Punpkin Spice Latte pie
    • Hire Bill Cower as HC
    • Re-hire Gettleman

3 hours ago, Cat said:

Clean house of the people who assisted JR in his creepy sex harassment behavior. 

I'd guess that's a large number of people. Maybe not "assisted" but the accuser said a lot of people knew about it and did nothing.

The hard part is figuring out who knew and who didn't. Everybody's going to say they had no idea.

Honestly, unless some provision can he made for all the accusers to speak, the only way you can be absolutely certain is to clear out everybody.

Not sure how people feel about that.

• Black helmets with a flashing logo in neon blue
  • Topless top cats
  • Drone beer delivery for upper level seats
  • paintball guns for season ticket holders to shoot obnoxious fans of other teams with blue and black paint.   Of course, we would given them complimentary goggles.
  • Headsets that allow you to hear what the Coordinator says to the QB/LB--and one lucky  fan gets to interject his or her ideas per play.

I am done.

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

One thing for certain: You've gotta fire the team counsel.

You can't have the lawyers who wrote the non-disclosure agreements and failed to report them to the league still be part of the team.

If nothing comes of it they've done their job. He will certainly utilize he own law guys as I doubt their are staff attorneys.  Richardson certainly had some people on retainer but it's not like they have staff lawyers.

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd guess that's a large number of people. Maybe not "assisted" but the accuser said a lot of people knew about it and did nothing.

The hard part is figuring out who knew and who didn't. Everybody's going to say they had no idea.

Honestly, unless some provision can he made for all the accusers to speak, the only way you can be absolutely certain is to clear out everybody.

Not sure how people feel about that.

Define "everybody".  Does that mean Cam Newton goes if it turns out he knew about it?  I see several people throwing the term "clean house" without having a clue as to what that would mean.  

27 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Define "everybody".  Does that mean Cam Newton goes if it turns out he knew about it?  I see several people throwing the term "clean house" without having a clue as to what that would mean.  

The SI accuser stated that most of the front office executives either knew about it or directly witnessed it.

She didn't mention players or coaches other than to call out Ron Rivera for praising Jerry Richardson (which given the context was a pretty dumb, tone-deaf thing to do).

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The SI accuser stated that most of the front office executives either knew about it or directly witnessed it.

She didn't mention players or coaches other than to call out Ron Rivera for praising Jerry Richardson (which given the context was a pretty dumb, tone-deaf thing to do).

Ok, but if it was happening, I guarantee most in the organization knew a little about it.  Players, coaches, janitors etc...  To small an organization not to.  But i doubt anyone could actually do anything about it.  If having to fork out cash to cover it up doesn't stop him, some underling warning him certainly wouldn't accomplish anything.  

Fwiw, I hope they keep the ones that are good, and get rid of those that aren't.  

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Ok, but if it was happening, I guarantee most in the organization knew a little about it.  Players, coaches, janitors etc...  To small an organization not to.  But i doubt anyone could actually do anything about it.  If having to fork out cash to cover it up doesn't stop him, some underling warning him certainly wouldn't accomplish anything.  

Fwiw, I hope they keep the ones that are good, and get rid of those that aren't.  

What I've gotten from a former employee is basically that the football side of the operation was a lot less likely to know about it than the executive side.

Coaching staff, players, etc are located on the opposite side of the building from where Richardson's offices were. Football people rarely needed to go to the other side, and if Richardson came over there he was probably conducting business.

Business and front office: different story.

No way to know what happens next, but I have heard some speculation that despite what's been reported so far, Tepper could still clean house on the executive side sooner rather than later.

Don't know how seriously to take it at this point. My take is still that he'll wait, but I guess we'll see.

Archived