• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Moore Should Start Sunday

Guest RT81

after yesterday I can't defend Jake anymore he getting worse every week and its just time to move on.This team has too much talent on it to keep having to clean up after jake's mistakes.

I don't think Moore is the answer. However, with the way Jake is playing...I don't really see how Moore could be much worse. At least making th emove shows you are trying to remedy the situation....even if you don't have a good cure on the roster.

However, we are 2-3...with winnable games in the next 2. Fox still has alot more confidence in Jake than Moore.

I don't think Jake was that bad yesterday, but I wouldn't mind seeing what Moore can do. Moore doesn't lock into one Wr, spreads the ball around and is much more mobile- I'm ready to give it a shot.

were they airing two different versions of the game some how?

Hey buddy! How ya doin?

I've finally seen the light on Jake Delhomme.I just now hope coach fox has and makes a change before its too late.

In 5 games I have seen 1 where I consider Jakes game an acceptable performance by an NFL QB that was against the Falcons when he was spreading it around better then I have ever seen him. So in other words he has had one decent game out of five. If you can handle that so be it. But I think anything is better then watching anymore of Jakes play it makes me want to scratch my eyes out.

When the only 2 wins you have are against 2 teams fighting for the #1 pick in the 2010 draft, it is not a lot to brag about. Especially when you look at the scores. 20-17 and 28-21. Not exactly dominating performances there.

At this time, I just don't see how we can realistically expect to win more than 5-6 games this season based on what has transpired through the first 5 games. Given this bleak outlook on the rest of the season, why not turn over total control of the offensive play calling to Davidson. You mean he doesn't have total control now, you ask? It is same as when D Henning was here. It was not the OC, it was Fox that was the problem with the offense. If Davidson has total responsibility for the game plan, then, after a game or two, we see if Jake's play is worthy of a starting QB. If not, bench his hide and start Moore and see what he does for the rest of the season.

This will never happen because Fox is the head coach and he is the main problem with this team. We have kept and overpaid players who can not win a roster spot on any other team in the NFL. We are the NFL's version of some type of feel good encounter group for players that can't tackle, can't pass, and can't catch. We have an elite receiver on this team, yet we can't seem to find a way to get him the ball. We don't throw him the smoke route anymore. We never use him in a WR screen play. He never goes in motion. He never lines up as a slot receiver. We don't run any reverses. We never use any 3 WR sets. We only practice and use the same running plays we have used over and over and over and over. Running the ball is fine and a good idea, but sooner or later you need to be able to pass. Right now, due to Fox, our passing game is non existent. If your QB is only going to hand the ball off and throw 4-5 yd passes, then why not let Moore be the QB? Can he be any worse than Jake? I just don't see how.

Archived