• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NHL Draft 2018

celling

The draft is today and we have the second overall pick.

Please let it be Svechnikov.

Hoping to see some trades as well.  Skinner, Faulk, Lindholm, and Hanifin have been rumored to be in play.  I'm thinking Skinner and Faulk are likely gone, but maybe not tonight.

I'm hoping not.  I think Lindholm has a decent chance at progressing to a solid two-way 2nd line center.  He's a RFA and asking for more than 5 million a year.  Hopefully, this is just a negotiating ploy by his agent.

49 minutes ago, celling said:

I'm hoping not.  I think Lindholm has a decent chance at progressing to a solid two-way 2nd line center.  He's a RFA and asking for more than 5 million a year.  Hopefully, this is just a negotiating ploy by his agent.

No it's not, based on his stats hes worth a 5 year 25m deal plus he'll be the youngest ufa in nhl history in 2 years. So a 5 year deal eating up his unrestricted years at 5m is a good deal for both parties. Team and his agent met today and it went badly from leaked reports. Hurricanes are way off on pay and not budging from their 4.2m a year stance with Lindholm. 

I'm hoping that TD proves me wrong but so far he's done everything as cheap as possible and with word about lindholm over 800k a year and Skinner, Faulk, and other reports that's hes going to do this as cheap as possible and barely hit the floor and not try to build a winning team to compete for championships but just playoffs. I have a feeling we'll start to see a lot of changeover among players. 

We agree. I think a 5 million dollar contract would be about right. After the Rask contract, the Canes are kind of stuck on contract negotiations. He’s worth much more than Rask. However, I don’t think he’s worth more than 5.1. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail. 

Having Svechnikov and Necas along with the potential of having Zykov and Foegele both making the full-time jump is really exciting.

As for Lindholm, I'd love to keep him. I think Bill Peter's system hampered him and we will regret trading him.

Justin Faulk on the other hand can take a hike for all I care. He's been horrible the past two years.

As far as Skinner, I'm indifferent, sometimes he shows you why he was a top 10 pick and other times you are left scratching your head.

Hanifin should be in no trade discussion whatsoever unless we are getting a 1C back.

51 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Having Svechnikov and Necas along with the potential of having Zykov and Foegele both making the full-time jump is really exciting.

As for Lindholm, I'd love to keep him. I think Bill Peter's system hampered him and we will regret trading him.

Justin Faulk on the other hand can take a hike for all I care. He's been horrible the past two years.

As far as Skinner, I'm indifferent, sometimes he shows you why he was a top 10 pick and other times you are left scratching your head.

Hanifin should be in no trade discussion whatsoever unless we are getting a 1C back.

Ive been tired of Faulk for years. Glad to see we didn't screw this draft pick up though. Things may be looking up afterall.

1 hour ago, celling said:

First round has been pretty boring. Although I’ll take it as long as we have Svechnikov. 

I'm not going to complain, at least they didnt fug up the pick by trading back or something stupid. I also think Svechnikov ends up being the best pro from the draft. 

Pretty damn early to say this but Svechnikov reminds me of Jagr. Canes got a total stud, and I think he'll be a better pick than Dahlin when all is said and done. Could be a franchise changer. Badly need a goalie now though.

Archived