• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oregon State OLB Bright Ogwoegbu entering Supplemental Draft

Nails

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

We already threw our late round “darts” at LB, in this year’s draft.  

But we need to give a serious look at the 3 DBs on the board. 

Doesn’t sound like we’re interested in the DBs.  We were one of few teams that didn’t even show up at the pro days.  Disappointing.

19 minutes ago, Nails said:

Doesn’t sound like we’re interested in the DBs.  We were one of few teams that didn’t even show up at the pro days.  Disappointing.

Saw that. Disappointing. 

I would seriously throw a 3rd(Beal) and a 7th(Bryant). I would probably go 5-6 on Alexander.

32 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Problem is we are sort of stocked at CB. Not amazing talent but Bradberry, Seymour, Elder, Munnerlyn, Cockrell and Jackson. All of whom aren’t getting cut or are already in year 2 of our system. Those guys would probably be PS guys and get pilfered so waste of a pick. If they don’t get drafted sure, but I think we’re assuming we won’t bid high enough due to our situation.

I understand being annoyed that we didn’t even check but realistically it would likely be a waste of a pick. OLB, maybe, but I don’t know why he left early. If he was possibly a mid round pick he’s barely drafted in supplemental. Also, lots of potential mid round picks at this point, more than actual picks.

I wouldn’t let Seymour or Elder stop me from taking Beal. Him in the 3rd would be good value and an upgrade over those two. If it wasn’t for Caps contract, he would be first out the door.  

The other two do probably fit into what you’re saying. I just saw Bryant as a Colin Jones replacement. Nothing more at this point. 

Another supplemental draft prospect thread. Great. This time it’s a linebacker. Definitely a need for this team. Let’s use our second rounder on him and our third on one of the corners. No need to worry about next season. 

These dudes entering the supplemental draft are doing so for a reason. They are accompanied with baggage and red flags. If these guys can’t maintain a 1.75 GPA with all of the “help” they receive as students.....ehhhhhh not a very good sign. 

I’d more than likely pass on all of these guys, my gut says a team like the Panthers who don’t exactly have the best public image with players and owners probably will as well. 

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Unless we’ve ruled all these guys out due to off field concerns, it’s pretty inexcusable not to at least send the regional area scout. I mean, why not? It’s not like June is a time when football scouts are inundated with scouting opportunities.

7 hours ago, stbugs said:

Yep, understand. Just throwing out what I think we are thinking. Let’s say we hadn’t been able to draft Jackson, then I think we as a team would think differently. I think we might rather have the guys we have plus the 2nd or 3rd. I think we’re low on the totem pole so if we want him and think he’s a 3rd, we could have to use a 2nd to actually get him. That future pick plus the CB we don’t play might be worth more than Beal. I think if we weren’t as deep at CB (see S where we are way thinner with Adams likely gone next year). 

We weren’t at the safety (Bryant’s) pro day.  14 teams were, including the Saints and Falcons.  That’s absurd and truly inexcusable.

12 hours ago, stbugs said:

Problem is we are sort of stocked at CB. Not amazing talent but Bradberry, Seymour, Elder, Munnerlyn, Cockrell and Jackson. All of whom aren’t getting cut or are already in year 2 of our system. Those guys would probably be PS guys and get pilfered so waste of a pick. If they don’t get drafted sure, but I think we’re assuming we won’t bid high enough due to our situation.

I understand being annoyed that we didn’t even check but realistically it would likely be a waste of a pick. OLB, maybe, but I don’t know why he left early. If he was possibly a mid round pick he’s barely drafted in supplemental. Also, lots of potential mid round picks at this point, more than actual picks.

Even if we had zero intention of using a pick, we should have had a scout there to help build rapport and good relations in case one or all don’t get drafted to woo them as an UDFA.

14 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

How many players taken in the supplemental draft have gone on to be pro bowlers? Serious question.

Cris Carter is the only one that comes to mind.

Edit (looked it up)

Bernie Kosar (drafted in 1985), Cris Carter (1987), Bobby Humphrey (1989), Rob Moore (1990), Mike Wahle (1998), Jamal Williams (1998), Ahmad Brooks (2006), and Josh Gordon (2012)

Archived