• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game of Thrones - Season 8

Ja  Rhule

I read that 'leak' on  /r/freefolk a while back and yes it does sound lame.  While my expectations aren't super high that would be disappointing.

I think GRRM generally told them how everything ends but didn't give much detail since he probably hasn't worked out those details yet.  E.g. I think he told them Sansa and Arya would have a bit of a rift between them after reuniting and they tried to honor that, but just didn't execute it well.

At some point he was unhappy with how the show was going and dropped out.  So now he's stopped writing and waiting to see how they end the show so he can alter the book ending appropriately.  

1 hour ago, CRA said:

what site do you use to get your spoilers? 

that freefolk reddit, most of the time...

I will note that the stuff I posted with spoiler tags was reported back in September/October/November of last year IIRC.

They've got a megathread there that chronicles filming/leaked/surmised information from the whole filming process.

I will say that there have been far fewer actual leaks for S8 than any previous season.

So how do y'all think Jaime's/Cersei's arcs end?

Based on interviews, etc. I am kind of thinking that Jaime survives the big battles, makes it back to King's Landing, and does one of the following:

Cersei had a line in a dialogue with Tyrion earlier on about ruling being like lying on a bed of and "plucking weeds" where she says something along the lines of doing so before they "strangle you in your sleep." She also has a line to Margaery, telling her if she calls her "sister" again, she'll have her "strangled in her sleep." I think maybe she could be strangled in her sleep, either by Jaime or Tyrion. I lean more towards Jaime.

Also, she tells Tyrion at another time that if it wasn't for her children, she'd have already "thrown herself from the tallest tower in the Red Keep." I know Tommen pretty much already did this. However, I think it could be fitting that Jaime give her a push, similar to how the series started with him pushing Bran out of the window. Not only would it be circular, but it would somewhat fully redeem Jaime, albeit tragically.

Option number three also involves Jaime. Maybe he's still got some of that poison he dosed Olenna with, and ends up slipping it into Cersei's wine. We've already seen in the preview that she's in her cups again (presumably because she either miscarries or was never pregnant in the first place.)

All three of these would make Jaime the Kingslayer, Queenslayer, and a Kinslayer. He's already a kinslayer for killing his cousin Alton. He also killed the Mad King. I think it would be fitting that he kills the Mad Queen too.

I also think, if one of these plays out, Jaime might be done for himself. Maybe after poisoning Cersei he throws himself out of a tower. That would be very circular from the very first episode of the series. Somewhat similar to Romeo and Juliet.

I want him to live, but I think that House Lannister is done for at the end. All of them, even the ones we grew to actually like.

9 minutes ago, Bronn said:

So how do y'all think Jaime's/Cersei's arcs end?

Based on interviews, etc. I am kind of thinking that Jaime survives the big battles, makes it back to King's Landing, and does one of the following:

Cersei had a line in a dialogue with Tyrion earlier on about ruling being like lying on a bed of and "plucking weeds" where she says something along the lines of doing so before they "strangle you in your sleep." She also has a line to Margaery, telling her if she calls her "sister" again, she'll have her "strangled in her sleep." I think maybe she could be strangled in her sleep, either by Jaime or Tyrion. I lean more towards Jaime.

Also, she tells Tyrion at another time that if it wasn't for her children, she'd have already "thrown herself from the tallest tower in the Red Keep." I know Tommen pretty much already did this. However, I think it could be fitting that Jaime give her a push, similar to how the series started with him pushing Bran out of the window. Not only would it be circular, but it would somewhat fully redeem Jaime, albeit tragically.

Option number three also involves Jaime. Maybe he's still got some of that poison he dosed Olenna with, and ends up slipping it into Cersei's wine. We've already seen in the preview that she's in her cups again (presumably because she either miscarries or was never pregnant in the first place.)

All three of these would make Jaime the Kingslayer, Queenslayer, and a Kinslayer. He's already a kinslayer for killing his cousin Alton. He also killed the Mad King. I think it would be fitting that he kills the Mad Queen too.

I also think, if one of these plays out, Jaime might be done for himself. Maybe after poisoning Cersei he throws himself out of a tower. That would be very circular from the very first episode of the series. Somewhat similar to Romeo and Juliet.

I want him to live, but I think that House Lannister is done for at the end. All of them, even the ones we grew to actually like.

I definitely think the brother is Jamie and not Tyrion that takes out Cersei.  I also like a fall being involved in the fate of one of them. 

but Cersei doesn't deserve to go quietly in the night with a good dose of that poison.  Needs more of a Joffrey batch gone wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Dex said:

The Jaime/Brienne arc was not for nothing. Cersei will have a hand in Brienne's death and Jaime will kill her. Then Tyrion will kill Jaime. Watch.

I like this up until the Tyrion killing Jamie.  Jamie has always had a soft spot in his heart for his little brother and I believe Tyrion knows that Jamie was the only Lanister to ever love him.

1 minute ago, Inimicus said:

I like this up until the Tyrion killing Jamie.  Jamie has always had a soft spot in his heart for his little brother and I believe Tyrion knows that Jamie was the only Lanister to ever love him.

Which will make the betrayal that much more monstrous. I believe Tyrion will live up to the name "The Imp".

1 minute ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

I swear hearing some of y’all theories it’s like y’all haven’t watched the show or read the books. Idk

I absolutely haven't read the books.  Tried reading it twice.  Both times couldnt get past the 1st 200 pages of so-n-so begat such-and-such begat so-n-so.

His predetermination of the number of books and total page count never set well with me either.

I put GRRM in the same category of asshats I put OS Card albeit for different reasons.

2 hours ago, Inimicus said:

I absolutely haven't read the books.  Tried reading it twice.  Both times couldnt get past the 1st 200 pages of so-n-so begat such-and-such begat so-n-so.

His predetermination of the number of books and total page count never set well with me either.

I put GRRM in the same category of asshats I put OS Card albeit for different reasons.

They are easily some of the best books I’ve ever read. Maybe they aren’t for everyone but they hook you very easily and each chapter ending makes you wanna read the next.

the depth to the world is unmatched really. 

I certainly hope you weren't referring to my theories, lol.

I'd wager, outside of PSC, I am probably the biggest GoT book and show nerd here.

I read all the books after seeing the pilot episode of the show, over a span of about 3-4 months, just in time for ADWD to be released. I think I read that one in like a week.

I've also read The World of Ice and Fire, the Dunk & Egg stuff, and know all the mainstream theories. 

My speculative theories are about the show's version, which is clearly going to be different than the books at this point.

1 hour ago, Bronn said:

I certainly hope you weren't referring to my theories, lol.

I'd wager, outside of PSC, I am probably the biggest GoT book and show nerd here.

I read all the books after seeing the pilot episode of the show, over a span of about 3-4 months, just in time for ADWD to be released. I think I read that one in like a week.

I've also read The World of Ice and Fire, the Dunk & Egg stuff, and know all the mainstream theories. 

My speculative theories are about the show's version, which is clearly going to be different than the books at this point.

Yeah ditto this, oddly I did the same thing with the books after the pilot lol.      I wonder how many hours of theory videos I've watched and read, probably a sad amount.  

Archived