• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OFFICIAL: Panthers Trade For OT Corey Robinson

bobsfoodbasics

6 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I think Hurney may have cleared the space simply for that...space.  We may get into the BYE week and realize we need to make a move, and it's a little easier now.  Or Hurney was bored and wanted money to roll over next year.

A DG type move that I do kinda approve. Saving for a rainy day or future improvement.

4 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

I’ve always wondered how these kinds of trades go down.  Does Hurney call random GMs and ask if they have any O lineman they’re willing to trade to the panthers?

I’d reckon all GMs/team leaders send out memos on guys they may release or would like to trade.  Then that’s where interest comes into play.  

GMs probably know every move across the league before it’s annoynced.

7 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

I’ve always wondered how these kinds of trades go down.  Does Hurney call random GMs and ask if they have any O lineman they’re willing to trade to the panthers?

I believe the league has an internal site where GM's can post what players are available for trade

8 minutes ago, DaTownPanther said:

It was made for this season. Next year is not guaranteed for Hurney. 

Correct, and the trade deadline is months away.  That's why I said what I did about getting to the BYE and realizing we need to make a deal.  This space could allow another Jared Allen type trade during the season once we see where help is needed. My comment about next year literally relied on Hurney being bored, thought the sarcasm was clear there. 

3 minutes ago, Mage said:

I’d reckon all GMs/team leaders send out memos on guys they may release or would like to trade.  Then that’s where interest comes into play.  

GMs probably know every move across the league before it’s annoynced.

That makes sense, thanks buddy.  Slightly hungover so my brain’s not at peak efficiency lol

1 minute ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Correct, and the trade deadline is months away.  That's why I said what I did about getting to the BYE and realizing we need to make a deal.  This space could allow another Jared Allen type trade during the season once we see where help is needed. My comment about next year literally relied on Hurney being bored, thought the sarcasm was clear there. 

That makes sense. Maybe wait for Thomas’ price to drop 

5 minutes ago, joeyxfresco said:

Im giving Hurney they benefit of the doubt and blaming his incompetence on JRs meddling. 

Reluctantly, I am as well. I didn't want him to return, but I am hoping he learned his lesson the last go around. His failure means the team fails, and I  obviously would very much like to avoid that.

Corey Robinson

Right Tackle

• 2018 Salary Cap Charge: $719,477
  • % of 2018 Team Cap: 0.40%
  • 2018 Cash Payout: $705,000
  • % of 2018 Team Cash Spending: 0.44%
  • 2018 Cash to Cap Ratio: 0.98
  • Total Contract Value: $2,337,908
  • Annual Contract Value: $584,477
  • Position Ranking: 16/18 at RT
  • Fully Guaranteed Money: $57,908
  • Height: 6' 7"
  • Weight: 324
  • College: South Carolina
  • Accrued Seasons: 3
  • Entry: 2015 Draft, Round 7, #240 overall (Lions)
  • Year Signed: 2015
  • Contract Type: Drafted
  • Free Agency: 2019 (UFA)

https://overthecap.com/player/corey-robinson/4088/

Archived