• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers VS Cowboys - Three Keys To The Game

Saca312

It is nearly gameday. In less than 24 hours, the Panthers will meet the Cowturds on homefield and bring about a performance that hopefully ends in a dominant win.

The Cowturds come in with a strong front seven led by their premiere pass rushing DE in DeMarcus Lawrence,, who had 14.5 sacks in 2017. He'll be facing off against (likely) a not 100% Daryl Williams or whoever the hell his backup is. Hopefully Daryl Williams, because even while I'm not particularly as high on him as most, he's certainly done something to at least get All-Pro nods above other tackles. Plus, it's not time to argue that topic anyhow.

Anyways, they also have some linebacker named Sean Lee. Mind you, he's nowhere near Luke Kuechly's level, but he's probably at least average. He'll be someone to watch out for, but reminder he's nowhere close to Luke's jock so he's not as much of a threat as their DE.

On offense, they have Dak Prescott. And, well, he's certainly better than most give credit for, but he's also bad at a few things as well. With an offensive line missing its premiere center, he'll be seeing a lot of Kawann Short up in his face. Not to mention Addison and forever young Peppers will continue with their own pressure with Luke Kuechly calling out every single one of their plays.

They also have Zeke, but this run defense that was already top 3 last year upgraded with Poe tremendously, so I'm not worried at all about him at all. 

With that being said, I decide I may as well give some general keys to the game since why not. 

1. Force Dak Prescott To Pass And Make Him One Dimensional

Ah yes. This is the generic "make the QB 1 dimensional" type stuff on every message board that's always the one with the most likes as if it were some innovative concept. Just stop the run and make the bad QB throw = amazing revolutionary idea.

Well, I'll be using that as well. And I'm sure @MasterAwesome can't wait to call me out on that.

Now, an educated poster would come in and give 20+ GIFs about why Dak is actually a good passer and completion percentage doesn't matter due to OLine quality/WR quality. And he'd be 100% right.

Dak is a good passing QB. He's similar as Cam Newton in that he's currently being smacked around as if he wasn't. 

However, the difference this go around is that Dak has literal horsepoo for wideouts while Cam has explosive receivers.

I mean, sure, Hurns is decent. Not gonna knock him down. However, I can't name the rest of their wide-receiver group. I used to know Dez Bryant, but now I just know they likely have a bunch of bums. Adding on, I used to know Jason Witten. But now, they're resting their hopes on some random TE named Rico Gathers. And, in case ESPN spamming "former basketball player TE" like Cris Collinsworth and 'RPOs" flew over your head, yes, he was a basketball player.

But no one gives a poo about that.

So in this case, I vote for making Dak Prescott pass to these scrubs and hope they make plays. I don't expect him to throw much picks per say, but I do expect his receivers to suck, drop passes, or give a few gifts to our secondary. 

I think Mario Addison, Kawann Short, Dontari Poe, and Julius Peppers would easily make him one dimensional and get him a little jittery, don't you think?

2. Feed CMC pls

The Panthers suffered a loss when their WR1 in Curtis Samuel turned out to have an abnormal heartbeat and forced to have a minor surgery for it. That leaves the most explosive and amazing WR1 sidelined for one week. Given he is by far the most talented receiver on the squad, it sucks.

So now, I have to go to the other best weapon Cam has at his disposal in CMC.

Christian McCaffrey has gotten so much better under Norv. He's more decisive in his cuts. He's more stronger and assertive and actually breaking tackles. Plus, he's showing off his ability to run between the tackles quite well in preseason. 

Gee, I guess good coaching does matter.

His ability as a WR also looks great. He'll be running a bunch of routes and making people miss as per usual. He'll likely put up solid all around numbers this year and put himself in place as one of the top tier backs in this league. He'll likely get LaDanian Tomlinson comparisons.

What a coincidence we also have an OC that coached Tomlinson. Gee it's amazing how that works.

Anyways, just start his journey for near 1800+ combined receiving and rushing yards and crown him the next Tomlinson by giving him the ball a lot. Once the Cowboys key in on that, spread the ball to the rest of the WRs and sprinkle a few more CMC action.

It's not like the Cowboys have good linebackers anyways. And yes, I know Sean Lee exists. However, CMC has juked out a guy named Luke Kuechly a plenty before. Given that Seam's no better than Luke and overhyped by Cowboy homer analysts on ESPN, I don't care whether he exists or not.

And I also don't care about 'technicalities' like 'oh he only juked luke in 1v1 at training camp' and other blah blah blahs. Sean Lee is overrated and CMC is good. That's all that metters.

3. Please, for the love of Cam Rivera, don't start Silatolu. Don't. Start. Silatolu.

Rivera has a huge crush on veterans that suck. Matt Kalil would still be starting and Taylor Moton sitting if it weren't for Matt, despite being the "healthiest he's ever been," being put on IR. Norwell would be non-existent for us if it weren't for Silatolu being hurt. Likewise, the same scenario seems to be occurring against Van Roten's favor, who has looked like a competent starting LG with his play thus far.

Sadly, this go around, it seems Silatolu is fine for this Sunday. And that's a nightmare scenario.

We'd have a decent line with Moton, Van Roten, Kalil, Turner, and hopefully Williams from left to right. It's beautiful on paper. 

Like I said, Cam just needs mediocre talent at minimum to play at an MVP-like level.

And boys, I can assure you Silatolu is nowhere close to even being considered decent practice squad fodder.

Don't believe me? I hereby give you these plays where Silatolu sucks sponsored by the CutSilatolu foundation for Cam Newton's health.

capture-6amini-sack1.gif

giphy.gif

Silatolu-2.gif

Silatolu.gif

GOOD-D-02_daniels.gif

Nt6Ofpr.gif

4LeUEcn.gif

(Credit @YoungPanthers89 and @ncfan as the rational GIF finders for this long list of lowlights for this very important foundation)

If Silatolu starts, I'd advise Cam to start thinking of writing up his will and updating his life insurance policy. Because boy even the most mediocre DT in the league would look like Aaron Donald 2.0 against Silatolu.

Also please note I will also have a week of prayer before the Panthers play the Eagles as well. Fletcher Cox already is giving me nightmares.

Anyways dear Rivera, please make the rational decision 100% of head coaches minus you would make without batting an eye. Silatolu sucks. He's not good. Don't overrate your players. This shouldn't be that hard.

So that's it. The Panthers will boost their chances of winning if they follow these three simple keys.

2 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

Someone is restless lol

im football starved. im excited and depressed at the same time fwiw. excited to see cam play. depressed bc curtis is out for this game.

also, i just remembered the cowboys did get tavon austin. 

he's irrelevant bc he sucks.

so carry on.

5 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

im football starved. im excited and depressed at the same time fwiw. excited to see cam play. depressed bc curtis is out for this game.

also, i just remembered the cowboys did get tavon austin. 

he's irrelevant bc he sucks.

so carry on.

Or does he suck because he's irrelevant??  That other post on causation and correlation has gotten me all confused...  Anyway, I've watched enough college FB for one Saturday, and must recharge my eyeballs, before tomorrow afternoon.  Good night, sweet princes.  Tomorrow around 7:45, we'll be tied for 1st in the division.

Archived