• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricane Florence

saints4lifeagain

28 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

My friends, I come to you humbly today in hope that none of you are in the path of this storm. If you are, I hope you've heeded evacuation warnings and have taken every precaution. These things can go to poo pretty quick, and this one looks to be a possible worst case scenario.

While I realize the Carolinas are not the same as Louisiana geographically, these storms can be devastating. You, your states, and your team are all in our thoughts. Here's to hoping best case scenario, safety for all involved, and while a miniscule topic in the midst of a storm, no negative affects to your Panther football season. 

All the best from your resident swamp rat. Much love.

@E CaT PanTHer 2 now that’s how it’s done. 

3 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I think it's something people don't understand unless they've been through it. It's one thing to look at the news. It's another to live it, or frankly, die. 

Ive not experienced something on that level but I remember following the news a lot during Katrina (I was in 9th grade in high school). I pretty much watched the news for several days straight and it looked insanely bad. 

12 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

when do hurricanes ever go back to sea if they've been on a path strait for a certain area for several days? 

Its going to hit either SC or NC coast head on.  

They do make turns depending on pressure systems surrounding it but in this situation it's still gonna hug the coast along they way even if it makes a southward turn. That could be even more dangerous if the eye stays off the coast and pushes water inwards.

5 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

when do hurricanes ever go back to sea if they've been on a path strait for a certain area for several days? 

Its going to hit either SC or NC coast head on.  

It's definitely not turning and heading back to sea. Worst case scenario is actually the stall they have it making just off coast or slightly on shore. The longer it sits off coast, the more surge is pushed in.

I got a double whammy going this weekend.  Not only is my family in the way in Wilmington and Carolina Beach but my other home is in the Philippines and they are expecting a Typhoon basically the same time as Florence.  The other day it was heading straight for my home outside of Subic Bay but has turned northward but they will get some flooding.  

Fortunately my house is on a hill.

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I got a double whammy going this weekend.  Not only is my family in the way in Wilmington and Carolina Beach but my other home is in the Philippines and they are expecting a Typhoon basically the same time as Florence.  The other day it was heading straight for my home outside of Subic Bay but has turned northward but they will get some flooding.  

Damn that sucks is it built for the wind though? Coastal houses should be built on stilts, people don't need to reinvent the wheel just use vernacular buildings practices. Unfortunately America has to learn the hard way as usual.

5 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Good luck to all involved. Stressful times, I'm sure. 

Archived