• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We're good.

Rags

Just now, beastson said:

This defense is concerning to me. DAL offense got our fans blind, they're just that bad. What I just saw was so bad especially letting Ryan run for that TD

If perfect redzone coverage concerns you and we let up a score because of their Qb put it all on the line idk what to say man.

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

We need WR’s.

Everyone was so convinced otherwise 8 days ago. Let our two speedsters heal up. Give DJ more snaps. We will be fine.

This was ATL on the road in game 2 of 16 with a battered line, a rookie TE, 2 of our 6 wideouts down, and a fricken hurricane blasting through our state.

I repeat. We WILL be fine.

3 minutes ago, Rags said:

If perfect redzone coverage concerns you and we let up a score because of their Qb put it all on the line idk what to say man.

We could have stopped him from getting in the endzone, him jumping over our defenders and wasn't even successful and still got in, that was embarrassing

That's one drive though, they were 4-4 in the redzone, takeaway that one play they were 3-3 in the redzone. Was it perfect those other times?

4 minutes ago, beastson said:

We could have stopped him from getting in the endzone, him jumping over our defenders and wasn't even successful and still got in, that was embarrassing

That's one drive though, they were 4-4 in the redzone, takeaway that one play they were 3-3 in the redzone. Was it perfect those other times?

No but...also the falcons played well? Yeah we made some mistakes, Coleman was shockingly good and Ridley got open underneath a few times but the Falcons had an offense that was playing perfect a lot of the times. This wasn't even close to the same Falcons offense as last week.

Also that's...literally what Cam has been doing in the redzone his entire career. We covered it well and Ryan beat the coverage with his legs. Just a goodass play by Ryan.

10 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Everyone was so convinced otherwise 8 days ago. Let our two speedsters heal up. Give DJ more snaps. We will be fine.

This was ATL on the road in game 2 of 16 with a battered line, a rookie TE, 2 of our 6 wideouts down, and a fricken hurricane blasting through our state.

I repeat. We WILL be fine.

We don't need him, sure. I know we will be fine without him.

But also if he's entirely capable of playing like he can, he's more than worth a shot. Just because we're fine doesn't mean we shouldn't take a chance to better ourselves.

3 minutes ago, Rags said:

No but...also the falcons played well? Yeah we made some mistakes, Coleman was shockingly good and Ridley got open underneath a few times but the Falcons had an offense that was playing perfect a lot of the times. This wasn't even close to the same Falcons offense as last week.

Also that's...literally what Cam has been doing in the redzone his entire career. We covered it well and Ryan beat the coverage with his legs. Just a goodass play by Ryan.

The falcons since quinn took over has been giving us problems offensively, so at what point do you look at the Panthers defense? You're right they wasn't the same last week, so what changed? Their opponent which was us. We haven't had a great defense since 2015

6 minutes ago, RumHam said:

We should expect an L every year in ATL and new Orleans. Plenty of holding not called not to mention chop blocks. Addison was blatantly held on that run. We will rebound against bungles

If you're talking about Matt Ryan's second touchdown run, I completely agree. I couldn't believe that wasn't called. But this was was still a bad game from the defense that cost us a chance at a game we probably should have won. Just a really poor job of maintaining gap integrity and setting the edge today. It's not like Atlanta's line was blowing us off the ball. All we needed to defend those outside runs was a little more discipline. 

I'm not in favor of panicking, especially in week two.  There's still a lot of football to be played.

That said, saying the Falcons "got us a few times on offense" is an extremely optimistic analysis of our defensive performance. They pushed us around for the vast majority of the game.

Have to hope that's just Eric Washington still growing into his job, but I don't think we can minimize just how bad that defensive performance was.

48 minutes ago, Rags said:

As unpopular an opinion but this game isn't all doom and gloom.

Falcons, honestly, earned a lot of respect from me today. Defended their home. Matt Ryan honestly impressed me with that run. Ridley looks good after it finally looks like we got an answer for Julio lmao.

Really hope y'all can't pay Coleman. Dude stops and changes directions on a dime. Please get him out of our division. 

Now about us; we started rough, but we started getting into shape more and more. Falcons got us a few times on offense and Coleman and Ito Smith both looked great, even if the falcons can't pay Coleman (please God) Ito Smith is a tough change of pace back. Rookies made some mistakes but that doesn't define them. It's early. They'll get better.

Offense. Outside of Cam, Wright and Samuel was. Really slow to start. And it seemed in the fourth Quarter everyone was starting to get into gear more. C.J. Anderson's drop was huge and I want to call him many horrible things, he's a guy I trust to learn from this mistake.

Moore flashed. He'll get a bigger role. Funchess needs to get going but got better as the game went on. He needs to be more consistent but I trust him and Cam to get it worked out. Smith can do his job, but we desperately need Samuel, Smith isn't our deep throat.  Not even close 

It was. Encouraging to see this offense struggle, but get better and actually adjust. After so many seasons of watching this team hit a wall and sputter out for the rest of the game. We responded. C.J. Anderson doesn't drop that ball we tie the game. 

All in all, an early season loss on the road against a strong divisional opponent but we played tough. We can get better.

And also we can trade for Josh Gordon he's definitely worth if to at least kick the tires on do it Hurndog give me the cummies.

Now tell me why Ron and co need to be fired and Devin needs to be shot into the sun.

Completely agree. I kept telling you guys last Thursday that the best result for us would have been if Atlanta would have beaten the Eagles. 

Falcons were not going to start the season 0-2 AND lose at home. 

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

That the Panthers only lost by a touchdown (31-24) to Atlanta with all the injuries to the offensive line, poor run defense and two starters going out in the secondary it was almost like a win. Now they find themselves needing to win their next two games against Cincinnati and the New York Giants, both at home with a bye in between. It may be early to say it's critical. But if Carolina can get to 3-1 with all the injuries and with outside linebacker Thomas Davis set to return from his suspension after four games that would soften the blow of this loss. Anything less might make it difficult to keep pace in the NFC South.

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:
newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

That the Panthers only lost by a touchdown (31-24) to Atlanta with all the injuries to the offensive line, poor run defense and two starters going out in the secondary it was almost like a win. Now they find themselves needing to win their next two games against Cincinnati and the New York Giants, both at home with a bye in between. It may be early to say it's critical. But if Carolina can get to 3-1 with all the injuries and with outside linebacker Thomas Davis set to return from his suspension after four games that would soften the blow of this loss. Anything less might make it difficult to keep pace in the NFC South.

he's right. 

Archived