• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We're good.

Rags

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not in favor of panicking, especially in week two.  There's still a lot of football to be played.

That said, saying the Falcons "got us a few times on offense" is an extremely optimistic analysis of our defensive performance. They pushed us around for the vast majority of the game.

Have to hope that's just Eric Washington still growing into his job, but I don't think we can minimize just how bad that defensive performance was.

I'll trust your take on the trenches. Admittedly I didn't watch the offensive or defensive lines much. A lot of what I saw was Coleman's quickness beating us. Those chunk plays killed us.

I was impressed by Bradberrys coverage. He even tried to jump a few routes. Jackson not so much but he got better as the game went on.

Luke missed a few tackles, but I think again Coleman and Smith just beat him on a few plays.

I do this the falcons just really beat us more than we looked bad.

2 minutes ago, Rags said:

I'll trust your take on the trenches. Admittedly I didn't watch the offensive or defensive lines much. A lot of what I saw was Coleman's quickness beating us. Those chunk plays killed us.

I was impressed by Bradberrys coverage. He even tried to jump a few routes. Jackson not so much but he got better as the game went on.

Luke missed a few tackles, but I think again Coleman and Smith just beat him on a few plays.

I do this the falcons just really beat us more than we looked bad.

When you give up a rushing touchdown to Matt Ryan, that's pretty bad.

One thing I'd have to say: We miss Greg Olsen a lot.

There's still a lot of football to be played, and hopefully a lot of adjustments to be made, but this game was a stinker. We shot ourselves in the foot way too often.

16 minutes ago, beastson said:

The falcons since quinn took over has been giving us problems offensively, so at what point do you look at the Panthers defense? You're right they wasn't the same last week, so what changed? Their opponent which was us. We haven't had a great defense since 2015

Okay so we held them to 17 and 22 last year.

They just made more plays than us today. And it's still early in the season. I don't think the same thing will happen next game.

28 minutes ago, beastson said:

The falcons since quinn took over has been giving us problems offensively, so at what point do you look at the Panthers defense? You're right they wasn't the same last week, so what changed? Their opponent which was us. We haven't had a great defense since 2015

THIS.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

When you give up a rushing touchdown to Matt Ryan, that's pretty bad.

One thing I'd have to say: We miss Greg Olsen a lot.

There's still a lot of football to be played, and hopefully a lot of adjustments to be made, but this game was a stinker. We shot ourselves in the foot way too often.

It's not like it was a designed bootleg, he got outside and ran in. I do think DE should be a top our list in position of need, though.

And I agree on both points. But hopefully someone(s) continue to step up. I think Moore and Samuel will both help a lot.

Just now, Rags said:

It's not like it was a designed bootleg, he got outside and ran in. I do think DE should be a top our list in position of need, though.

And I agree on both points. But hopefully someone(s) continue to step up. I think Moore and Samuel will both help a lot.

Kinda hoping they'll be given the chance.

I don't want to see Rivera use Smith's short touchdown today as an excuse to keep him as a starter. He should be coming off the bench.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Kinda hoping they'll be given the chance.

I don't want to see Rivera use Smith's short touchdown today as an excuse to keep him as a starter. He should be coming off the bench.

It's fair to be concerned, but Rivera's been high on Samuel all year. Here's hoping it wasn't all hot air.

The defense had an off day, I just don't buy we'll consistently be that bad against the run. Really kudos to the Falcons and their offensive line for consistently gashing us, that completely ruined the game. I can promise you we won't lose too many games where Cam throws for 300+ yards that efficiently. The key is he needs to keep playing like this, game in and game out. If he does, we'll make a run no doubt.

Archived