• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Efe Obada: NFC Defensive Player of the week

CarolinaSunday

3 hours ago, luke nukem said:

no but Id like to see him rotated in and all three of those guys + Horton get a similar amount of reps. Maybe less Horton and more OBADA!

He sure couldn't replace Addison.  But the slow start we've seen from Pep makes me think they might want to try him on the left side on some passing downs.  I have no idea if that's a difficult adjustment for him, but if last week wasn't just a flash in the pan, the future lies in having Addison and Obada crashing down.

I am usually watching the game on my phone. It often gets a stronger internet connection than my laptop...  So, on such a small screen I often miss details of personnel groupings, player rotation, etc.

When Obada was playing on Sunday what side was he on and who was usually on the line with him?

49 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

I am usually watching the game on my phone. It often gets a stronger internet connection than my laptop...  So, on such a small screen I often miss details of personnel groupings, player rotation, etc.

When Obada was playing on Sunday what side was he on and who was usually on the line with him?

he was in at RDE, in Addison's spot.  Hit the QB's arm from his blind side, on the play initially called a sack fumble, recovered by Munnerlyn, then overturned to an incomplete pass.

11 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

They prefer to be cynical and be wrong, than to go out on a limb, and be proven wrong. 

They dress it by saying they are being realistic, but in truth, they are only guarding themselves from disappointment rather than embracing the good. 

I agree with you on this but just want to add that there is a fairly wide spectrum of outlook for fans here. There are a lot on the "cynical about everything with the team" side and then some on the "everyone on the team is great and we will go 19-0 every year" side (Saca... though he's gotten better recently). I like to think I'm in the middle but leaning more towards homer. Neither end of the spectrum is good, much better to be closer to the middle which is recognizing both the good and the bad with the team and being cautiously optimistic. I think many of us here fit that category and can have good, productive discussions, but we let the people on the ends of the spectrum come in and disrupt good discussions too easily. Best to just ignore them and move on if they come into threads with nothing to add. I wasn't very good with that in the past, I'd take on anyone here but now I've learned to just move on rather than get trapped into some stupid internet argument. 

There was a news item on Efe on the national news at ten, 3 weeks ago, which is quite impressive since interest in American sports naturally doesn't rate as quite so important as the EPL. This was prior to his debut in the regular season too. Not a ton of stuff that people don't already know but i loved the comment about his wife's reaction to him making the 53.

On 9/26/2018 at 9:39 AM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It's pretty simple.  His motives are to derail every decent thread.  

#1 candidate in my book to be banned.  He can join the ranks of PanthersUnited and others.

Pot calling the kettle black. Anyways, don't hate on panthersunited, he brought entertainment to all of us for a year. 

Archived