• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At first I was pissed we had an Early bye week, now...

Hotsauce

I am actually happy. With the early injuries we had, plus a ugly loss to the Falcons it came at the right time. It will get us 1 week closer to getting back guys like Greg, it will hopefully allow the coaches to fix the mistakes we are making. 

Plus we pick up a game-changer player in Reid and give him almost two weeks to learn the system.  

Also we get a mini bye (10 days off) Nov 8 through Nov 18, which will be a great chance to heal up for the final quarter of the season. 

Lets go

1 minute ago, King_Returns said:

This team is historically terrible after byes, so I don’t really see a benefit apart from resting players.

In 2011 - 2014 yes.  Panthers were terrible after byes.  0-5 counting 2013 playoffs.

Since 2015; 3-0 in the regular season.  1-1 in the post season (beat Seattle in divisional playoff and of course lost the Super Bowl).

And when the bye fell had nothing to do with Panthers being good or bad following the bye.  IN 2011-2014 they lost whether the bye was early, mid or late in the season.   In 2015-2017 they won with early and later byes.

32 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

I’d be wary of this NYG team coming in here. They are getting shredded in the National and local media.  We’re in for a fight Sunday. 

If anyone should know a Shula ran offense, it should be us.  I doubt they can do anything that we havent seen.

49 minutes ago, King_Returns said:

That could have easily been losses against better teams.

But please, ignore something that can (and will) bite the Panthers in the ass again.

And lest you forget, our recent Super Bowl loss was after an off week.

The game against Seattle was close, but given who we played, where we played and our prior multiple losses to Seattle, that was an AWESOME win. 4 80 yard drives. That final one was epic. May have been what really turned this team into a 15-1 monster.

We smashed AZ 30-20. Don't think they were ever very close.

The Jets win was a bit sloppy. We mostly dominated the game but had lapses that let the Jets back in. Won 35-27 I believe.

Archived