• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eric Reid being a distraction

2 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

If Ron Rivera is OK with whatever Reid does, we oughta be. 

mv4k7iwmyrqixovhcokp

It's still going to be damned interesting to see how this all plays out. But winning fixes everything.

I'm not sure if anybody has mentioned it here but I remember Ron Rivera discouraging players from speaking out on politics in general.

He hasn't said anything indicating that he'll discourage Reid from speaking out, at least not that I've seen. And it is fair to note that his previous comments were made under Jerry Richardson.

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From a guy with better sources than you (Link)

And for the record, some of our resident board insiders heard the same thing.

I dont need inside sources to look at the transaction report on panthers.com.

He and Delaire were moved to bring back Kyle Love and sign Michael Griffin.

Ball was then signed to the practice squad but later released to move  Larsen to the Practice Squad when Chris Scott got off suspension. All are pretty obvious moves.

He wasnt an nfl player as justified by two other teams releasing him and him never returning. He was released because of Griffin. No brainer.

The transaction log is on the website and shows how players are shuffled around reacting to injuries, etc

Ball was just whining.

3 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

So would the media be okay if he said that he regrets kneeling and No he wasn't going to do it again because the cause isn't worth it?

I think I have a better chance of him giving me a million dollars than saying that. 

48 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I dont need inside sources to look at the transaction report on panthers.com.

He and Delaire were moved to bring back Kyle Love and sign Michael Griffin.

Ball was then signed to the practice squad but later released to move  Larsen to the Practice Squad when Chris Scott got off suspension. All are pretty obvious moves.

He wasnt an nfl player as justified by two other teams releasing him and him never returning. He was released because of Griffin. No brainer.

The transaction log is on the website and shows how players are shuffled around reacting to injuries, etc

Ball was just whining.

Yeah, I'm sure you can get more from the transaction wire and your own speculation than people with actual inside info :eyeroll:

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, I'm sure you can get more from the transaction wire and your own speculation than people with actual inside info :eyeroll:

You will believe any old poo out there without question if it's what you want to believe wont you? You always have.

Good grief,  think for a moment dude. Use your brain for a change and set aside the drama.  Just try it. You might learn something.

10 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

You will believe any old poo out there without question if it's what you want to believe wont you? You always have.

Good grief,  think for a moment dude. Use your brain for a change and set aside the drama.  Just try it. You might learn something.

Given that about 90% of what you post turns out to be wrong, I don't expect to learn much from reading what you have to say.

https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Bolt/Panthers-re-add-Marcus-Ball-to-practice-squad-47859775/

Ball was signed from practice Squad to play one game when Dean Marlowe was placed on IR. He was then released and resigned to the practice squad when Griffin was brought in. I dont know how to explain this logical move any more directly.

He was immediately signed to the practice squad. This by itself should tell you that you are barking up the wrong tree. 

Be serious for a minute.  Was Reid the best available pre season?  Yes.  Was he brought in last second due to us needing a safety after we passed on him in the first place due to what everyone thought was a distraction? Yes.  Will he help the team? Yes.  Should he have been brought in, in the first place? Yes.  Will anyone care past next week? No.

Imma be happy we got a quality saftey for nothing that just so happens to be a very well spoken young man.  I watched all of his interviews and after every tough question he stops, pauses, thinks, then responds.  Idc what the issue is, anyone who puts thoughts Into their answers is ok with me.  We get past the NYG this week and we have a real shot at this division........barring those fuging saints.

1 hour ago, Billy_T said:

...and it's fair to note the Riverboat was a huge supporter of "The Big Cat"....

....let's not forget the post-game chant: 

"Just remember guys this is about team, everything we do is about team, most important thing is about team, okay?  Alright, do me a favor, Mr. Richardson on 3".

Cam was right there too:

"Panthers quarterback Cam Newon told reporters on Wednesday that he was 'disgruntled' because he does not want Richardson to sell the team. While he said he takes sexual assault "extremely serious," Newton said that he did not believe Richardson should have to sell based solely on accusations. "

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/24/ron-rivera-panthers-jerry-richardson-break-down-chant

I'm a believer in dont question what any man does unless you walk in their shoes.  

Cam does not have to be the fuging hero all the time dude.

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Given that about 90% of what you post turns out to be wrong, I don't expect to learn much from reading what you have to say.

You are confused again. I challenged you to think for yourself. Look at facts. Look at stats. Watch the games. Don't just spread rumors and cite yourself and random internet chatter as sources.  Questioning and validating might make you learn something.  It's fun when reading the typical BS posted here (often from you) to validate it. There is nearly always a simple logical explanation to the drama you want to believe.

20 hours ago, motocross_cat said:

Be serious for a minute.  Was Reid the best available pre season?  Yes.  Was he brought in last second due to us needing a safety after we passed on him in the first place due to what everyone thought was a distraction? Yes.  Will he help the team? Yes.  Should he have been brought in, in the first place? Yes.  Will anyone care past next week? No.

Imma be happy we got a quality saftey for nothing that just so happens to be a very well spoken young man.  I watched all of his interviews and after every tough question he stops, pauses, thinks, then responds.  Idc what the issue is, anyone who puts thoughts Into their answers is ok with me.  We get past the NYG this week and we have a real shot at this division........barring those fuging saints.

This bolded part is the only wrong part. People are gonna care. They cared all this long from the last time the man was on a team. They cared all off season to write and wonder why he wasn't on a team. And they will care regardless of whether this man does nothing here in Carolina....or has 3 picks in every game. 

Why? Because people love to hate. If it were NO or ATL that signed him...the VAST majority of ppl here now slobbering all over his sack would be his biggest critics. We all know this! They would hate not because of the team...but because of his political stance. Noone here was supporting him (in fact..most were making fun of him and Kap) for the past year for....well..because of their stance on the issue. Everyone here said fug em...they made a choice and now reap what they sowed~~~

Now suddenly he is on our team and ppl wanna act like they give a damn about the issue he is pushing. Too late you fickle ass ppl. People are gonna care because guess what? Most of the Panthers fan base are not posters here with 3,000 posts each year, and dont give a damn about what he does on the field. They will cheer when he makes a great play...but the opposite with be 10x. Many still will not even want this man on the team for all kinds of reasons ) i personally was offended dude did his first press conference in a politically charged shirt, and said all his off -the-field work was about "his people" rather than inclusive of the community at large) I know I am not alone in that....although here on the huddle i may be.

Anyone that says he is and will not be a distraction at least for a few weeks is a damn fool. 

P.S. I missed you 4Corners. I await your love and admiration for my post like you always do~

Archived