• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donte Jackson thus far: 3 Interceptions 25 Tackles in Four Games & 70.4 Passer Rating Allowed (5th among rookie DBs)

Saca312

8 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

But what does Latimore have to do with it? That one does kinda confuses me. I mean, he did not beat out one of our own for that award.

It's part of the rivalry. It's like when your brother gets something, you have to have one, too (or just take his). NO wo  DPOY last year with a corner, now our fans want us to win it with a corner. 

I'm speculating here, so I could be off base. Personally, I don't care about the end of season awards much, I just want a deep playoff run. 

Great job by the scout team and Hurney to pull the trigger in the second round. Hate to say it but it's safe to say Jackson would probably barely see the field were it not for corners ahead of him getting hurt.

To be competitive for a SB you have to hit draft picks, and so far the young talent on this team should keep us in the mix for the foreseeable future.

I’m more impressed with his tackling than his coverage at this point which says a lot about how good of a player he is going to be for us. His coverage is only going to get better. Great corners have to be willing to get in there and hit and he definitely is. 

21 hours ago, Saca312 said:

It’s really amazing how little talk there is surroundig Donte Jackson. I understand Carolina is a “small market team,” but this is getting ridiculous at this point.

Anyways, have to say I’ve never been more impressed with a rookie corner than Donte thus far. Tbh, could’ve had four interceptions or even more had he not dropped a few.

EDIT: He also has allowed a 70.4 passer rating, good for 5th best for all rookie DBs. Really incredible.

terribe 

A lot of times players look great or like “ass” because of how the whole unit meshes together and makes plays.

having an assignment where one person is out of position can easily make one corner look like he blew it. 

When Jackson is near a play he makes plays,.. the times he’s not there it’s not known to us whether he was out of position or someone else was— 

simply trying to do too much and cover someone else’s zone or breaking off your player to help where it looks like the play is going, leaving a man open,..

id be curious to see the schemes of plays where defensive backs get the blame for getting burned to see how many were actually just someone else being out of position.

Archived