• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

to panther CBs.....how to stop TO:

rayzor

"One Jets player said that when New York was prepping for Owens, the strategy for dealing with him was fairly basic. He wasn’t reacting well to physical contact at the line of scrimmage, and didn’t warrant double coverage. While superb cornerback Darrelle Revis was expected to be singled up with Owens most of the day, the Jets delivered simple instructions to whoever found himself across from the receiver: get your hands into his chest at the line of scrimmage and don’t worry about surrendering short area passes. The result was Owens getting targeted eight times, catching three balls for only 13 yards. I don’t think we doubled him once,”.

link

now you know....

We're doing pretty damn decent against the pass this season. That said, if any team would allow him to have a big game...you know it'd be us. Thankfully his QBs are crap. I'm not worried at all about TO. And you know a certain CB wants to get his revenge on TO for getting pwnd near the goal when Owens was with Dallas.

We're doing pretty damn decent against the pass this season. That said, if any team would allow him to have a big game...you know it'd be us. Thankfully his QBs are crap. I'm not worried at all about TO. And you know a certain CB wants to get his revenge on TO for getting pwnd near the goal when Owens was with Dallas.

Remember though, our pass D stats are counterbalanced by horrible run D stats. It will take a game where our offense or special teams doesn't try to give the game away to really see where our defensive unit stands as a whole. I wouldn't be surprised to see us shut down T.O. and Fitzpatrick (who?) but the true test will come against Arizona and the Saints. If we do well against either of them I'll be a believer.

Do our corners remember how to jam someone?
someone never had a chance to forget and actually taught the vets a thing or two about it in TC this year and that would be the captain.

Put Captain on him! He doesn't line up back from the line for nobody.
this is going to be key. there is a bit of a height difference there but there is no one else who i would trust more than captain to jam TO and cover him completely. of course they will probably try gamble there and if he is able to jam him at the line right, it will work. i just think that captain is more cut out for that kind of work.

To be honest, TO is my only concern this weekend, Because of our past. Just like Tom Brady a week ago. The week before everybody was wondering what was wrong with him, Then he score 5 Tds in one Quarter and 6 in the game, and he is back, not bring up the fact that it was against one of the worse defenses this year. Now if TO lights us up, cuz we can't put a man on him to fluster him, when the playbook on how to contain him as been out for years. Then we deserve to be in the highlight packages that will proclaim: "TOs back babby"...

To be honest, TO is my only concern this weekend, Because of our past. Just like Tom Brady a week ago. The week before everybody was wondering what was wrong with him, Then he score 5 Tds in one Quarter and 6 in the game, and he is back, not bring up the fact that it was against one of the worse defenses this year. Now if TO lights us up, cuz we can't put a man on him to fluster him, when the playbook on how to contain him as been out for years. Then we deserve to be in the highlight packages that will proclaim: "TOs back babby"...

I'm concerned a little about Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson....Buffalo's O-line is bad but both of those running backs are pretty good. Before TO - Lee Evans was a huge deep threat but he has seemed to disappear so far this season. I hope he stays in hiding this week too.

Archived