• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Gameday Thread

Shocker

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Man, do you have any other comments at all on this team.  This is like 95 percent of your posts.

Just reminders here and there of why I have been right about this franchise for the past few years. I have nothing but love for the team. Just pissed at the lack of direction. You can always hit ignore if you do not like my comments. Please go ahead.

Man...I hate this tanking talk.  It takes like 5 yrs minimum and guarantees you nothing,  fug that we have a team at the brink of the playoffs.  If Kemba leaves ok mistake but we have good young players and a GM that knows talent.

Everyone thinking tanking thinks we get Zion and every best player for 4 yrs.  LOL...no.  We get Reddish or White.  In 5 yrs we are right back here.  

If anyone tells me Golden State tanked and it worked that is ludicrous.  They were bad and drafted well.  Just draft well.  Tanking doesn’t work.  Hasn’t and won’t.

Also, tell me Denver tanked.  They drafted and assembled a good NBA team.  No tank,  just built.  Retarded.

1 hour ago, Thelt said:

We have had plenty of high draft picks.  Most of them did not pan out.  I am not sure we are more likely get a good player at 4 than we are at 11.....

if we aren't going to draft right at those lotto picks
maybe another strategy like an all star trade
or for expiring contract
move our big contracts
pile up 2nd rounders

I wish we could draft well
we traded sga and he's turning out great

20 minutes ago, M_Loop said:

not impressed with frank tonight, tough matchup on cousins.
he's got a specific skill set, some matchups he probably shouldn't play unless coach wants to see frank exposed

Boogie Cousins needs to be suspended for that bull.  I can’t stand that idiot.

50 minutes ago, RIAnBOW said:

Coupla funny things related to this....

....the hoi polloi screamed  at the top of their lungs that Coach Clifford was the problem and if only he (Cliff) was replaced Malik Monk would BE THE MAN! 

Apparently the problem was not Coach Cliff.

Forgot the 2nd point...

I wanted a coach that would be willing to come in a play the young guys. That’s why I wanted Cliff gone. I didn’t like JB because I don’t buy into the whole anyone who worked for Popp is going to be successful because so far that has been far from the truth with almost anyone who has left SA.

JB has turned into everything I hated about Clifford but with less actually coaching ability. We have almost the same team as last year except now under JB we completely forgot how to play defense.

Give me a coach who is willing to deal with the growing pains and actually develop and play our young guys. If not, work with the GM and make it known that you are not going to play the guys who are drafted and you rather trade the draft picks for players who can help the team win and you are willing to play.

Just remember we could have Lou Williams instead of Malik Monk right now if Clifford and Cho were on the same page.

And... we still aren't eliminated after Lamb hits another game winning three against Toronto.

In order for the Hornets to make the playoffs the following would need to happen:

The Hornets need to win @ Detroit, @ Cleveland, and vs. Orlando.

The Magic need to lose @ Boston and vs. Charlotte.

The Heat need to lose two of their last four @ Minnesota, @ Toronto, vs. Philadelphia, @ Brooklyn.

Archived