• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers WAIVE CJ Anderson

jamos14

I mean I'm really trying not to be unkind here. But this is typical of Ron Rivera's approach to offense. It is indicative of just how much he is out of his depth in that area. I would not doubt that he actually feels like we are now improved with this move which in reality makes our offense less dynamic and more one dimensional.

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

That "NFL quality receiver" you are referring to has been abysmal in Buffalo. I don't think Benjamin even managed to log any receiving yards in the recent blowout win by the Bills. You aren't remotely going to win this one man. Take the L, and move on.

Ok. Let’s play. 

First, what he did this year(with awful QBs) has no relevance to last year. He’s was on pace for almost 1,000 yds with us. Who would you have rather had in the playoffs? KB or K. Clay. But before you answer, let’s get your opinion of our WR core at the time of the game and shortly after. A “debacle” you say? Or how many times did you repeat this over the next month. You seem to feel we needed a little more at WR too. Or did you forget which side of your mouth you were talking out of. 

On 1/7/2018 at 9:16 PM,  TheRed said: 

After the debacle that was our WR core this evening unfolded while Ted Ginn burned our defense, you can take solace in a Gettleman wet dream? Geesh.

10 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Ok. Let’s play. 

First, what he did this year(with awful QBs) has no relevance to last year. He’s was on pace for almost 1,000 yds with us. Who would you have rather had in the playoffs? KB or K. Clay. But before you answer, let’s get your opinion of our WR core at the time of the game and shortly after. A “debacle” you say? Or how many times did you repeat this over the next month. You seem to feel we needed a little more at WR too. Or did you forget which side of your mouth you were talking out of. 

On 1/7/2018 at 9:16 PM,  TheRed said: 

After the debacle that was our WR core this evening unfolded while Ted Ginn burned our defense, you can take solace in a Gettleman wet dream? Geesh.

I was pretty clear how I felt about signing Russell Shepard over Ted Ginn. What does that have to do with Kelvin Benjamin? If there was a WR that could have made the difference in us advancing in the postseason in 2017, it wasn't Kelvin Benjamin. I'm sorry if you don't want to hear that. But that is the reality man.

8 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I was pretty clear how I felt about signing Russell Shepard over Ted Ginn. What does that have to do with Kelvin Benjamin? If there was a WR that could have made the difference in us advancing in the postseason in 2017, it wasn't Kelvin Benjamin. I'm sorry if you don't want to hear that. But that is the reality man.

So the debacle of the WR “core” was one player?  Just Shepard-Ginn? No difference between KB and Clay or Bersin or Frazier? If not? Why? 

Your “quality WR” hasn’t done anything this year and has never produced anything close to KB. So who were we missing more? 

For people saying he was mildly agitated with not playing you could see it in games. He would always stand by RR or Coach Skipper LOOKING like he really wanted to play. He wasn't sitting down. He wasn't not paying attention to the situation of the game. Its quite sad honestly. I feel one of our biggest flaws is player rotation IN GAME. We don't adapt, were very rigid with personal. We see that some with Samuel getting on the field. He might be in for 10 plays in the first qtr and don't see him again til the 4th. We see Funchess gasping for air and dinged up barely getting to the huddle in time but we don't replace him with DJ or Byrd for a couple plays because thats not what our "system" has written in stone.

It really sucks for Cam if CMC went down. Or if we wanted a playoff run we would want depth, we would want proven top caliber players. Its hard to find RBs like CJ. He seemed like a good teammate and for his skill set he never went straight diva on us. Lets be real we gave the guy like 7 carries. He had to sit and watch more than once on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 from the sideline.

If we are going to draft Best player why don't we set up our team like that? If were going to cut someone cut fuging Manhertz or some 3rd string LB. Its going to be tough to see if CJ is out there running the ball in the playoffs while we sit at home and say maybe next year when cam is 31.

Archived