• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tuesday Notes/interviews including Eric Washington

ncfan

Just now, panthers55 said:

You don't know if adjustments were attempted or not and we have no clue who executed what. Obviously the game plan didn't work. And absolutely the players are responsible for implementing the game plan since the coaches aren't on the field. So yeah the players deserve most of the blame because they actually played the game.

Ron Rivera has been coaching this team for nearly a damn decade dude. If you want to coddle this staff while throwing the players under the bus, that's your prerogative. But the rest of us don't have to subscribe to it.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

CJ was brought in to fill a need that has been filled by other options. Of course they couldn't read the future so Hurney brought in who they thought they needed. Based on the first 9 games they decided that CJ doesn't fit what Norv wants to do so he was waived. It isn't a big deal or anyone's fault.

Losing him isnt as big a deal for as I think CAP is good enough to be a compliment guy

My issue is why wait a week.  You literally sit on your hands let the trade deadline pass then cut him the following week.

Anyone with half a brain couldve told you that you could get a 5th-6th for him.  Heck a 7th is better than nothing.

Philly is Really hurting for a RB and after the Ajai loss they are falling out if the playoff race.  They dont look like they will win the division and are falling behind us and Chicago for the wildcard.  

We easily couldve got a late pick for him and we didnt try.  You cant convince me that we tried

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Ron Rivera has been coaching this team for nearly a damn decade dude. If you want to coddle this staff while throwing the players under the bus, that's your prerogative. But the rest of us don't have to subscribe to it.

No.one is coddling anything but if you thought that Washington was going to come in here and not have growing pains you need to follow and comment on a different sport since you clearly don't understand football and new coordinators 

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

No.one is coddling anything but if you thought that Washington was going to come in here and not have growing pains you need to follow and comment on a different sport since you clearly don't understand football and new coordinators 

I think we're well past "growing pains" at this point bud. Our defense is in the bottom half of the league.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So in one answer, we need to "take an honest look" at him, while in another we're confident that he can fill in for Anderson and maybe even McCaffrey? :thinking:

If we actually believed he was that good, why hasn't he been playing? And why did we need to sign a free agent back?

And how exactly do we know all this if we're just now "taking an honest look" at him?

This team makes my head hurt sometimes.

We signed him because we didn't know if McCaffrey would be able to run between the tackles. He can so Anderson isn't needed.

Anderson was frustrated so we released him. We are a one running back team. This move won't hurt. RB is the easiest position to replace.

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I get his theory about trying to send a message that the loss was unacceptable.

One problem...

Wouldn't that message make more sense if, you know, you actually dumped somebody who had something to do with the loss?

Given that Anderson only played five snaps in the game, using him to "send a message" doesn't exactly make a lot of sense.

So basically, it'd be "That game was unacceptable so we're going to cut a guy who barely played in it while keeping in place the person who ran the defense that gave up 45 points."

Okay? :thinking:

5 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Losing him isnt as big a deal for as I think CAP is good enough to be a compliment guy

My issue is why wait a week.  You literally sit on your hands let the trade deadline pass then cut him the following week.

Anyone with half a brain couldve told you that you could get a 5th-6th for him.  Heck a 7th is better than nothing.

Philly is Really hurting for a RB and after the Ajai loss they are falling out if the playoff race.  They dont look like they will win the division and are falling behind us and Chicago for the wildcard.  

We easily couldve got a late pick for him and we didnt try.  You cant convince me that we tried

How do you know we didn't try and trade him? We don't talk about trades or potential ones. Maybe we couldn't get anything for him so we waived him. 

2 minutes ago, Car123 said:

We signed him because we didn't know if McCaffrey would be able to run between the tackles. He can so Anderson isn't needed.

Anderson was frustrated so we released him. We are a one running back team. This move won't hurt. RB is the easiest position to replace.

So you can guarantee that McCaffrey won't get hurt, and also that if he does, a guy who's barely seen the field since he was drafted is going to be just as good as a guy who had a thousand-yard season and was the leading rusher in a Super Bowl?

Really?

4 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I think we're well past "growing pains" at this point bud. Our defense is in the bottom half of the league.

I didn't like the Washington hire to begin with but it is what you get with an unproven commodity. Let's hope 10 days and an easier team makes the difference this week.

4 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

How do you know we didn't try and trade him? We don't talk about trades or potential ones. Maybe we couldn't get anything for him so we waived him. 

Just doesnt make sense when there are 2-3 teams fighting for a playoff spot that have a huge need at RB as mentioned Philly above, who were even rumored to trying to even go big after Mccoy or Bell.  There is no possible way a team isnt bring to part with a 6th-7th round pick for a guy who puts them back in the driver seat for a playoff spot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

So you can guarantee that McCaffrey won't get hurt, and also that if he does, a guy who's barely seen the field since he was drafted is going to be just as good as a guy who had a thousand-yard season and was the leading rusher in a Super Bowl?

Really?

Dude, Anderson didn't want to be on the team. The best thing for both sides was to part ways. It saves his career and doesn't derail team chemistry 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Somebody wanna let Ron know that you're allowed to "take a look" at another player on the depth chart without releasing the guy in front of him?

Yeah honestly. How CJ felt about his role shouldn't have Ben taken into account unless he was causing problems, which clearly he wasn't. Now CJ could go to a rival and hurt us and we have significantly worse HB depth. Dumb decision unless there really is more to it and it's just not coming out.

Archived