• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets in talks for Bradley Beal

ncfan

6 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Monk's ceiling is what Beal currently is. It's nice to have prospects and all, but if you can dump those prospects for a finished product you have to do it. 

And it's no guarantee it's as high as Beals from a two way perspective either. 

1 hour ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Link?

Cus that would be terrible for all our assets. Every single one..

Beal is the player the Wizards least want to trade, he has the most trade value of any player on that roster and for his skill set has a reasonable contract for 2 more years. 

Monk + 1st + Lamb and filler isn't going to be enough, so either multiple first round picks or both players on the Hornets outside of Kemba with the most value. 

One of the beat reporters for Washington said that A horrible contract plus a pick isn't enough that if Charlotte wanted Beal it would have to up the assets majorly. Agreed with a fan that Monk + Bridges, Lamb and 1st would be the type of deal it would take to get it done.  Will have to find the tweet. 

So if it happens, expect the Hornets to give up a ton to get it done. Especially if the Wizards don't want Batums contract and the Hornets have to work with William's as filler. 

I'd give up two firsts before parting with Bridges but its indicative of just how horrible Batum's contract is that I'd still probably do the deal with Monk, Bridges and an additional 1st just to get rid of him.  Hard to imagine what our new lineup would look like since we would be giving up 3 or 4 key rotation guys for one starter. 

13 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Agreed with a fan that Monk + Bridges, Lamb and 1st would be the type of deal it would take to get it done.  Will have to find the tweet. 

That is not the same thing as "the word"..  more like "the word of a guy on twitter"

Mitch would be crazy to give them Lamb, Bridges, Monk and a first rounder..

3 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

That is not the same thing as "the word"..  more like "the word of a guy on twitter"

Mitch would be crazy to give them Lamb, Bridges, Monk and a first rounder..

Even Rick Bonnell went that direction for the Wizards asking price. Wizards are going to want Monk, Lamb and Bridges plus picks because the only way Charlotte can pull it off is by sending horrible contracts back the other way. Only way a team does that is if they get extra compensation. 

Regardless if its Williams or Batum, the Hornets will have to add to the pot to make that attractive. 

so if straight up trade would be Lamb, Monk and a first round pick top 3 protected. Adding Batum or William's to match salary means you've got to add something else to the mix for Washington to legitimately consider it. I.E and extra first round pick plus Bacon/Willy or Bridges. 

That's just what it's going to take. 

I get if they want a lot for him, but the amount of assets people are talking about giving up for him is more than some hall of famers have garnered in past trades, and Beal isn't a hall of famer, lol.  I want to get him, but not by giving up every young player and asset we have now through the next 2 years.  

Archived