• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets in talks for Bradley Beal

ncfan

If Charlotte is intent on keeping Kemba (and it sounds like they are) then making a deal like this is essential. 

Charlotte is 2-18 in their last 20 games decided by one possession. Too much is dependent on Kemba to score right now and ultimately that's not sustainable over an 82 game season. Thus, we have seen Charlotte in the lottery the past 2 seasons. Adding a proven scorer/all star in Bradley Beal would elevate this team and take A TON of pressure off of Kemba to single handedly win games.

Beal has a hefty contract so, in order to match salary, Charlotte will probably be able to offload a bigger contract to Washington in return. Batum is obviously the ideal contract here, but Marvin, Cody and MKG all have large contracts that could be considered as well.

Once the money evens out, Charlotte will have to make it worth Washington's time. I think Malik Monk has to be included as a young shooter on a rookie scale contract that the Wizards can develop to replace Beal in the lineup. I also think Charlotte will have to part with a first round pick which, to me, is worth adding Beal. I could feasibly see Jeremy Lamb going over as an expiring contract as well, but a contract like Batum/Marvin plus Monk and 1st is a solid starting point.

Make it happen Mitch!

4 minutes ago, countryboi said:

that all in on making this happen is scary talk...thats how you completely gut a team for player that only makes slightly better

Huh?

Batum is worthless, just worthless.    He can't even pull of an inbound pass.    He's handcuffing Bridges.

Monk won't ever be better than Beal most likely.

And we'll finish in the middle of the pack or a bit higher so that pick isn't really that great anyway, that's how it is in the NBA.

7 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Wiz will expect a first round pick at minimum for Beal, maybe two if we're dumping Batum on them.

I like Monk's future but I'm willing to sacrifice him for Kemba's sake.

It will definitely be a #1 pick, I don't think two since Beal's salary is pretty hefty already to balance out Batum.

1 minute ago, Zaximus said:

Huh?

Batum is worthless, just worthless.    He can't even pull of an inbound pass.    He's handcuffing Bridges.

Monk won't ever be better than Beal most likely.

And we'll finish in the middle of the pack or a bit higher so that pick isn't really that great anyway, that's how it is in the NBA.

It will definitely be a #1 pick, I don't think two since Beal's salary is pretty hefty already to balance out Batum.

All in would most likely be Monk, MIles and a first.....batum is only here to make the money match. 

Archived