• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Henning

DOUBLETROUBLE28

Junk and gimick offenses do not win championships.

That being said, I think coordinators on both sides of the ball sometimes get to much credit/blame for the things that go right or wrong. That was true in Henning's case. He really didn't have a lot of talented playmakers to work with except for 2003, when we had Proehl, Smith, Moose, Davis and a healthy Foster. After 03, those five were never together again for a season. Looking back I think a lot of people underestimated just how much offensive talent we had that year.

Henning had what he wanted in 2006 and it wasn't that good.

But, let's also not forget him badmouthing one of our players to the press and then Fox taking his media rights away the rest of the year. Henning picked bad players on offense - and then got frustrated when they didn't immediately pan out.

the dolphins have alot less talent on offense? really?

i agree dwill and stewart are better than ronnie brown and ricky williams.......ill take henne/pennington(with what he did last yr with henning) all day over delhomme. and you have steve smith.......atleast ted ginn has a TD this year. and bess/camarillo/hartline are great route runners with fantastic hands.....

all iam saying is "alot less talent" is a ridiculous statement imo

the dolphins have alot less talent on offense? really?

i agree dwill and stewart are better than ronnie brown and ricky williams.......ill take henne/pennington(with what he did last yr with henning) all day over delhomme. and you have steve smith.......atleast ted ginn has a TD this year. and bess/camarillo/hartline are great route runners with fantastic hands.....

all iam saying is "alot less talent" is a ridiculous statement imo

I don't agree with the idea that the Fins have a lot less talent than the Panthers, but Steve Smith > Ted Ginn jr.

we should of never fired dan henning i meen look wat he is doing in miami with that wildcat offense with a lot less playmakers then the panthers have on offense just imagine dwill running handing of to stewart and reverses with steve smith that would be unstopable.

If you take a look at Miami's transactions since Henning signed on as OC, you'll be able to pick out several significant moves that were 100% intended to get him what he needed to make his offense work. They had Williams and Brown as their RB horsepower. 4/5 of the starters along the OL were replaced along with a new starting TE. They also acquired a QB (Pennington who is hurt now) who Henning was familiar with and was familiar with his system. Bottom line is they have put effort into getting him what he needed except at WR. We told him to make due with Foster and a pile of crap for an OL.

Henning's entire body of work really ain't that bad if viewed with an objective eye. Not saying that our present OC has not done some good things, but even the shadow of a rolling Double Trouble can hide a lot of ills. Somehow I don't think Smith and Muhammad would be languishing if Henning were here, but I am still withholding judgment on Davidson. Let's see how we do for the rest of the year (but, then again, how can anything work when your QB is throwing to the other team and putting the ball on the ground?)

Archived