• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Jordan's man crush on GOAT Peppers

saints4lifeagain

However, when Julius Peppers come up, Jordan’s tone changes a bit, and his thoughts about Peppers threw me for a loop. We’ve discussed the topic three times now, and it’s become clear: Jordan has a man crush on Peppers.

“You can call it what you want,” Jordan said in September. “I just have more than enough respect for him.”

With the Saints playing the Panthers on Monday, Jordan might finally have a chance to swap jerseys with Peppers. It’s something he’s always wanted to do, but he’s never asked.

So, I’ll ask for him. If you’re reading this, Julius, Cam would love to swap jerseys with you after the game Monday night. If a Panthers coach or scout is reading this, please pass along the message.

Jordan said he’s not nervous about approaching Peppers, but that’s my read on the situation, considering the Saints have played Peppers’ teams six times during Jordan’s tenure and he has yet to ask.

“You can’t be nervous about it,” Jordan said. “At some point in time, he’s a man, I’m a man. You know, just, you’re aware that he’s a first-ballot Hall of Famer and you’re not — currently.”

Jordan was an All-Pro last season. He has 71.5 career sacks in his nearly eight seasons, which isn’t far from Peppers’ pace of 81 in his first eight seasons and 158.5 in nearly 17 seasons. Jordan has also done well to follow Peppers’ lead with regards to durability as Jordan has never missed a game while Peppers has missed just six.

Still, Jordan has no idea what Peppers thinks of his game, or if Peppers even knows much about him.

“If you’re one of the GOATs, how much attention do you pay to other guys?” Jordan said. “I’m a connoisseur of pass rush, so I watch everybody. I don’t know what GOATs do. I got to ask Terrell Suggs about that.”

Jordan swapped jerseys with Suggs when the Saints played the Ravens in Week 7, but those two have more of a backstory. Suggs and Jordan grew up in the same hometown — Chandler, Arizona — and Jordan still considers Suggs to be from his Chandler High, even though Suggs transferred and finished his prepping at Hamilton High, which is also in Chandler.

Jordan hasn’t had much interaction with Peppers. He said Peppers trained in Arizona once early in Jordan’s career, so they met there.

“We’ve had some minor conversations that he probably doesn’t remember, but it’s cool,” Jordan said.

https://www.nola.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/12/75aaffc4931925/firstand10-cameron-jordan-want.html

As a huge Jordan fan, I've always noticed the change when he talks about Peppers and the respect and adoration he has for his game. 

Archived