• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers should keep Ron Rivera as HC

kungfoodude

3 hours ago, t96 said:

Payton has lucked out recently with an incredible draft and having Brees as his QB and they still won’t win it all again. McCarthy is a better example and Payton will wind up just like him as will Rivera. None are great head coaches.

Lol....Sean payton is a superbowl champion head coach because of making one of the gutsiest calls in superbowl history. I have said on here before, there is plenty to dislike about that guy but rivera is not on his level.

53 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Cam and Ron couldn't be further from a package deal. They're linked by having the same first season and that's all

Seriously, i will never understand that logic back in 2011. We drafted Cam and proceeded to go defense pretty much the next 3 years. Got rid of all our good offensive players or either they retired. You just don't see that around league, when most to KNOW they have a franchise QB he becomes first priority. If ron rivera is a good defensive mind as he thinks he should have been able to work with less and make something out of it, defense has only been good when we were stacked with talent. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

this is the NFL.  it is a fairly limited pool of folks to choose from.  So limited that people frankly, fire coaches and make reaches because the pool is often so weak in terms of candidates for HC.   

I mean regardless of what you or I do for a living....there are COUNTLESS qualified people that likely could do our jobs.  Pool is simply big.  Simply isn't the case in the NFL. 

Ron's track record is simply in the upper tier of NFL coaches.  so yeah, I don't jump at the change for the sake of change mantra.   Lot of fan bases would LOVE to have Ron.   Lot of fanbases wish they could see a fraction of the success Ron has had here. 

How many other teams will be looking to hire? All that matters. 

Unless the team quits on Ron.  I'd rather fix the obvious issues with this team than get a new HC going into next year.  I'm also not ready to move on from Cam yet.  As I have said, Cam and Ron are a package deal IMO.  Doesn't mean Cam goes when Ron goes.  But that will be the beginning of the end more likely than not based on NFL history. 

How? There's plenty of coaches that can be interviewed for this position. 

Whether its our jobs or sports entertainment, you coming in don't mean you'll be good for whoever you hired. We just hired a good qualified person, but he don't do work and the rest of my team is already picking up on it

I'm not sure what success you're referencing, we made the playoffs 3 times in 8 seasons under ron. One of those years was because the NFCS was so terrible that automatically winning the division get you in. So please explain what success has Ron had over Fox? And what happened to Fox? Fox however did go to a second NFCCG

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Won't happen because I'll never believe any Panther coach was worse than GS.

They’re both detached from their jobs and the head engineers of epic collapses, so I fail to see much of a difference. Historically they’re dissimilar, but 2001 Seifert and 2018 Rivera are close to being twins. 

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

They’re both detached from their jobs and the head engineers of epic collapses, so I fail to see much of a difference. Historically they’re dissimilar, but 2001 Seifert and 2018 Rivera are close to being twins. 

Not even close. The Seifert led team in 2001 had the 30th ranked offense and 31st ranked defense out of 31 teams. The only reason we didn't get the 1st overall pick was the Browns.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Not even close. The Seifert led team in 2001 had the 30th ranked offense and 31st ranked defense out of 31 teams. The only reason we didn't get the 1st overall pick was the Browns.

Texans. 

We have the 32nd-ranked defense the second half of this season and we haven’t eclipsed 30 points in 6 weeks

Archived