• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yikes Fournette

MVPccaffrey

I admit I wanted him too, but I've always been concerned about his ability to be team oriented ever since he sat out a bowl game with no injury.  I'm just not a fan of that mindset of players in general, feels like those players give up on their teammates which can easily translate to the nfl.  Also he was constantly "injured" in college and is also injury prone in the pros too.  I'm glad we got CMC.

1 minute ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I admit I wanted him too, but I've always been concerned about his ability to be team oriented ever since he sat out a bowl game with no injury.  I'm just not a fan of that mindset of players in general, feels like those players give up on their teammates which can easily translate to the nfl.  Also he was constantly "injured" in college and is also injury prone in the pros too.  I'm glad we got CMC.

I have absolutely zero problem with suspected high draft picks sitting in the bowl game...just like I have no problem with Nick Bosa not finishing the season at OSU.

That said, bringing in LF here would have further cemented the Panthers as a Ron Rivera football team.  Or, a better description, a Super Bowl winning team in 1987.

1 hour ago, Carolina Cajun said:

FYI - CMC sat out his final bowl game, as well. He might have been one of the first to do so.

2 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

FYI - CMC sat out his final bowl game, as well. He might have been one of the first to do so.

I can't believe I forgot that, but you're right though.  I know I'm friends with a lot of LSU fans and they hated the fact that any little injury would cause him to sit out and I remember their fans really railing on him before their bowl game.  I presumably didn't hear that about CMC since I don't have any friends who are stanford fans or live anywhere near california.  

Archived