• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lance Taylor Gone

NJPanthers12

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Since Rivera will likely refuse to fire his good buddy Richard Rodgers and he's already failed miserably at ST and DB coaching and now we have an opening at WR coach...

I have a hard time imagining that.

The thought of him being promoted to DC legitimately scares me, though.

1 minute ago, Hammerin'Cam1 said:

Apparently the Panthers, and Tepper weren't satisfied with the WR play of the team.

Now who's going to teach McCaffrey how to be a check-down target?

If we have come to the conclusion that WR play is the biggest thing holding us back then we're way more fuged than I already thought we were.

2 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cam1 said:

We last had an 1,000 yard receiver in 2014 and it was Benjamin who turned out to be a pile of trash ... if I'm Tepper I look at that stat and I'm disgusted.

But KB being a dumpster fire was fine. Because it isn't like we didn't have Funchess to grow into the #1 WR role.

Taylor didn't coach Benjamin his first few years.  Ricky Proehl did.

2 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cam1 said:

We last had an 1,000 yard receiver in 2014 and it was Benjamin who turned out to be a pile of trash ... if I'm Tepper I look at that stat and I'm disgusted.

But KB being a dumpster fire was fine. Because it isn't like we didn't have Funchess to grow into the #1 WR role.

The knee injury and poor work ethic ruined KB. I hated the move at the time, but Hurney getting a third rounder for him looks brilliant in hindsight. Funchess caught lightning in a bottle last year (Taylor's first season) then reverted back to his normal this season. Moore definitely improved over the course of the season and Samuel's route running looked greatly improved. Where we failed with the receivers IMO was not going away from Funchess and toward our two youngsters sooner.

Archived