• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Kuechly the Panthers GOAT?

Is Kuechly the Panthers GOAT?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Kuechly

• Yes
    • No

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:09 PM, MVPccaffrey said:

Smith, Luke and Pep are the top 3 and no one else is close

Add Kasey and yes I said it add a kicker, the man was automatic, unless it was a kickoff with 30 seconds left in a SuperBowl.

18 hours ago, Borat said:

Rival opinion: Kuechly is already one of the handful of best MLBs ever to play, even if he retires tomorrow. Peppers (though it's a little hard to say he's a Panther GOAT as he's played a fair bit elsewhere) is a little further down the relative pass-rushing pecking order, just as Smith is for wideouts; however, they both play positions that historically attract more singular talents. So it's a tough call, and really depends on how you frame it. 

Pep down the pecking order? All time Sack leaders Bruce Smith - 200, Reggie White - 198, Kevin Greene - 160, Julius Peppers - 159.5? He is number 4 all time. ALL TIME ACROSS THE ENTIRE NFL AND HISTORY. I do appreciate your rival perspective though.

9 hours ago, philit99 said:

Pep down the pecking order? All time Sack leaders Bruce Smith - 200, Reggie White - 198, Kevin Greene - 160, Julius Peppers - 159.5? He is number 4 all time. ALL TIME ACROSS THE ENTIRE NFL AND HISTORY. I do appreciate your rival perspective though.

I’d argue that 1) Kuechly may be even higher than four (if we’re to take that as Pep’s ranking) and 2) Peppers’ position is partially a result of abnormal longevity rather than GOAT-type dominance (14.5 sacks in a season is great, but not all time).

29 minutes ago, Borat said:

I’d argue that 1) Kuechly may be even higher than four (if we’re to take that as Pep’s ranking) and 2) Peppers’ position is partially a result of abnormal longevity rather than GOAT-type dominance (14.5 sacks in a season is great, but not all time).

To be fair, Kevin Greene had kind of the same career. I don't think that Peppers was the premier DE of his prime (Strahan) but I do think that Kuechly is def the premier ILB/MLB in the post Ray Lewis/Urlacher era of linebackers.

Archived