• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Last Year’s Draft

ForJimmy

We have both offensive tackles get hurt (I know Kalil wasn’t great, but he is better than Clark), Olsen get hurt and our franchise qb’s shoulder give out half way through the season. Kind of hard for a GM to account for all of that. I think the Cockrell injury messed up our secondary as well, but that is debatable...

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

We have both offensive tackles get hurt (I know Kalil wasn’t great, but he is better than Clark), Olsen get hurt and our franchise qb’s shoulder give out half way through the season. Kind of hard for a GM to account for all of that. I think the Cockrell injury messed up our secondary as well, but that is debatable...

Mitigating circumstances are NOT to be considered, just the fact that we were 7-9.

/end sarcasm

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Who manages the depth of the roster?

Newton having a previous shoulder injury was known, but we still only planned for Taylor Heinicke as his backup?

20 minutes ago, top dawg said:

He's responsible for a damned good draft!

When judged in this specific moment. And all his other responsibilities as a GM........????????? I notice you pretty much go to the “hindsight” card when posed with any financial questions. 

29-51.....29-51.....29-51

Just now, top dawg said:

Well, then you're just not as smart as I thought you were. I'll have to take that into consideration in the future.

I get that you'll do pretty much anything to excuse Hurney from any blame for things going wrong. If my not subscribing to that philosophy means you think less of me, welp...

Just now, Toomers said:

When judged in this specific moment. And all his other responsibilities as a GM........????????? I notice you pretty much go to the “hindsight” card when posed with any financial questions. 

29-51.....29-51.....29-51

I already gave you examples of good financial judgments. You rejected them. Not much more to talk about. We disagree. 

I'll give you this: At least you're not trying to be simplistic or patronizing about the debate. I enjoy discussions with you much more so than the other guy.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Well, then you're just not as smart as I thought you were. I'll have to take that into consideration in the future.

What does logic and smart have to do with a discussion where when something doesn’t support your agenda, call it “hindsight” and move on? That’s the “high-brow” thinking you’re going with. Keep that Mensa Magic going...lol

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Who manages the depth of the roster?

Newton having a previous shoulder injury was known, but we still only planned for Taylor Heinicke as his backup?

Heinicke did ok until he got hurt. Allen did good in his start. I guess Hurney should have told Ron to IR Cam earlier? Few teams are equipped to handle these injuries. Salary caps make it hard to have adequate depth in the NFL. I think Hurney has plenty of weaknesses (Salary Cap Management being one), but it was a bit of a fluke year with this many injuries...

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I already gave you examples of good financial judgments. You rejected them. Not much more to talk about. We disagree. 

I'll give you this: At least you're not trying to be simplistic or patronizing about the debate. I enjoy discussions with you much more so than the other guy.

Oh don’t worry. It’s coming. If I haven’t come across as enough of a dick to you, I will try harder. I wanna be at the far end of your nose when you’re looking down it on us commoners. I think you’re every bit the D-Bag that he does. Probably more.

And you have shown me anything resembling a sound financial decision made by Hurney since his return. Yet I have provided many examples. So let’s see yours.

Just now, Toomers said:

What does logic and smart have to do with a discussion where when something doesn’t support your agenda, call it “hindsight” and move on? That’s the “high-brow” thinking you’re going with. Keep that Mensa Magic going...lol

I've already discussed why I thought that Tepper made the decision that he apparently has. I just don't see the point in wallowing in negativity about it. I know that you understand that. It's not really an agenda. I would have been good if Tepper blew the while thing up based upon the situation. I really would have. But now that he apparently has decided to roll with Marty and Ron, I'm going to hope for the best.

Archived