• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Last Year’s Draft

ForJimmy

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

No one does. Every time someone wants to discuss any FACTS, you spin it like a tornado and reset the goalposts. Then accuse others of this. Comical. 

Was Matt Kalil a smart signing? Or is that hindsight? 

Sure, dick!

Everyone hating on hurney 2.0 is doing it solely bc of what 1.0 did. Could he have done better? Sure, 99% of the time you can. Signing poe seems to have been a mistake but not a colossal one like matt kalil or Butler. Solid draft, let’s hope we get a similar haul this year and shore up the DE, OL and S positions  

19 minutes ago, Toomers said:

No one does. Every time someone wants to discuss any FACTS, you spin it like a tornado and reset the goalposts. Then accuse others of this. Comical. 

Was Matt Kalil a smart signing? Or is that hindsight? 

It was never smart to sign him. Injury prone and awful when he played for the vikes minus his rookie season. Literally threw a bunch of money at him bc his bro said to even though pro bowl LT Andrew whitworth was avaible 

All this talk about Hurney and we still haven't had a winning season with him orchestrating a roster since 2008. 

Rivera has never coached a winning team with Hurney as his GM.

Together, they are not good. Next year is a put up or shut up year for those two. Either Hurney puts together a solid team for the first time in over a decade, or They continue their ineptitude together. I'm hoping it's the former, but I'm honestly not encouraged based on the lack of any change across the board. 

7 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Everyone hating on hurney 2.0 is doing it solely bc of what 1.0 did. Could he have done better? Sure, 99% of the time you can. Signing poe seems to have been a mistake but not a colossal one like matt kalil or Butler. Solid draft, let’s hope we get a similar haul this year and shore up the DE, OL and S positions  

Butler is not a colossal mistake. He was pick 30 of the first round. Many of the best players had already been picked over at that point. It's hard to pick that late in the draft. 

Kalil was definitely a colossal mistake, but Butler I would just call a bad pick. 

Poe, also bad Choice.

Gano over Butker - Bad choice

Trading away KB - Good choice

Searcy - Bad choice

Reid - Decent choice

It's been a mixed bag honestly. It's been an average experience. Truthfully, better than I anticipated, but not good enough to warrant another year if we bomb again. 

4 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

All this talk about Hurney and we still haven't had a winning season with him orchestrating a roster since 2008. 

Rivera has never coached a winning team with Hurney as his GM.

Together, they are not good. Next year is a put up or shut up year for those two. Either Hurney puts together a solid team for the first time in over a decade, or They continue their ineptitude together. I'm hoping it's the former, but I'm honestly not encouraged based on the lack of any change across the board. 

Pretty much.

6 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

It was never smart to sign him. Injury prone and awful when he played for the vikes minus his rookie season. Literally threw a bunch of money at him bc his bro said to even though pro bowl LT Andrew whitworth was avaible 

I think that it was reasonable to sign him...to a one-year, $2.5 mil prove-it deal. Of course that's not remotely what happened...

3 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Butler is not a colossal mistake. He was pick 30 of the first round. Many of the best players had already been picked over at that point. It's hard to pick that late in the draft. 

Kalil was definitely a colossal mistake, but Butler I would just call a bad pick. 

Poe, also bad Choice.

Gano over Butker - Bad choice

Trading away KB - Good choice

Searcy - Bad choice

Reid - Decent choice

It's been a mixed bag honestly. It's been an average experience. Truthfully, better than I anticipated, but not good enough to warrant another year if we bomb again. 

I just disagree on a few things. Poe was a good choice that may have turned "bad." He may not be the best fit here, but perhaps we'll see. We're probably stuck with him, so I think that it's natural to want him to play up to his potential. 

Gano wasn't a bad choice, it just may not have been the best choice. He did have his best season in 2017. 

Even if you believe that they are simply bad choices (which I don't agree with on its face), they certainly aren't choices that were impactful enough to lead to such a bad season.

As for Searcy, kind of hard to determine whether it was good or bad because of injury. It's not like he or Cockrell (or Poe for that matter) were overpaid. But Searcy was another sensible decision that may be considered "bad" due to what transpired.

I can see how you'd say that they were "bad," depending upon your "goalposts" as people say.

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I just disagree on a few things. Poe was a good choice that may have turned "bad." He may not be the best fit here, but perhaps we'll see. We're probably stuck with him, so I think that it's natural to want him to play up to his potential. 

Gano wasn't a bad choice, it just may not have been the best choice. He did have his best season in 2017. 

Even if you believe that they are simply bad choices (which I don't agree with on its face), they certainly aren't choices that were impactful enough to lead to such a bad season.

As for Searcy, kind of hard to determine whether it was good or bad because of injury. It's not like he or Cockrell (or Poe for that matter) were overpaid. But Searcy was another sensible decision that may be considered "bad" due to what transpired.

I can see how you'd say that they were "bad," depending upon your "goalposts" as people say.

I look at Hurney giving anyone money as a bad choice so when the guys he gave money to don't do well, I'm proven right by my own parameters  

Archived