• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2019 Playoff race.

TheMaulClaw

Game tomorrow just became more important with Pit beating Boston.  The Habs have the Red Wings and then face the Isles in a big game. While the BJs have a tough three game stretch. At the Isles, then home against Boston in a tough back to back. Then they play us on the 15th. 

My concern for the game tomorrow has to do with conditioning because of the higher elevations. Canes need to start fast tomorrow because they're going to be gassed later on.

If we can keep winning it's good to know that the Isles have a tough stretch of games coming up as well. So we could see them pushed back.

I think we're in really good shape for a playoff spot. Montreal and Columbus have very tough schedules and haven't even been all that good, one of them (prob Montreal) will almost certainly finish behind us. Just hope we can finish WC1 or better so we don't have to face Tampa right off the bat. I think we can beat any Metro team in the playoffs in a 7 game series.  Not sure we'd make any noise at all against a powerhouse like Tampa unless we were playing with house money in the eastern conference finals. 

We beat Nashville on the road without Ferland which is obviously good news. Would definitely prefer to see him on the ice though. I think it'll be a nice boost to get him back especially if we can win the game tonight without him.  I think the team is being smart here. I'd rather have him available against the BJs on the 15th. Also I think its smart move when it comes to resigning him...if we can make sure he stays healthy going into his free agency.

It'll be a nice pitch. Then we can say to Ferland and  his agent. "We helped to keep you healthy so injury wouldn't cost you money you're next contract. We didnt trade you while we could have gotten something in return and we fulfilled our end of the contract. We've spoken well of your name, and you love your teammates. Stay with us...you know we'll lookout."

I can't believe what I saw from Mrazek tonight. Wow. Great win on the road against a sneaky team. Svech was great too, hope he sticks on the 2nd line and when Ferland comes back he drops to the 3rd. If Svech can build off of this the rest of the year, that added boost could not only solidify a playoff spot for us but could help us win a series or two.

Mrazek looks like 2006 Cam Ward out there, flat out amazing.

Projected Cut Line: 93 Points

Magic Number: 5-8

Metro Standings

1. Capitals- 89 Points

2. Islanders- 87 Points

3. Hurricanes- 83 Points (37 ROW)

Wild Card

1. Penguins- 83 Points (36 ROW)

2. Blue Jackets- 79 Points

In The Hunt

1. Canadians- 79 Points

2. Flyers- 76 Points

3. Panthers- 72 Points

The Flyers are trying their best to squeak in to the final wild card spot.

Archived