• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2019 Playoff race.

TheMaulClaw

12 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

We still can't thank you enough for sending us Turbo as a present for taking on Bickell.

Not sure if you're being somewhat sarcastic or not, but Bickell was diagnosed with MS, which ended his career prematurely.

But, he won 2 cups with Chicago and scored on the last shot of his career- couldn't ask for much more than that.

15 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Not sure if you're being somewhat sarcastic or not, but Bickell was diagnosed with MS, which ended his career prematurely.

But, he won 2 cups with Chicago and scored on the last shot of his career- couldn't ask for much more than that.

He's talking about Bickell's contract not his condition.  He wasn't diagnosed until he joined the Hurricanes.  Chicago needed to unload him for his contract.  We wouldn't do it for nothing and seeing as how Teravainen hadn't exactly lived up to expectations they threw him in as a bonus.  

7 minutes ago, The_Light_Brigade said:

He's talking about Bickell's contract not his condition.  He wasn't diagnosed until he joined the Hurricanes.  Chicago needed to unload him for his contract.  We wouldn't do it for nothing and seeing as how Teravainen hadn't exactly lived up to expectations they threw him in as a bonus.  

Why are we talking about the Blackhawks right now. Weve got Tampa tonight. They're coming off a hell of a dog fight last night and weve got a chance to get a point if we bring our A game.

4 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Why are we talking about the Blackhawks right now. Weve got Tampa tonight. They're coming off a hell of a dog fight last night and weve got a chance to get a point if we bring our A game.

I mean, you could go back and look at the previous replies. I didn't bring it up, I was clearing it up.  With that said, tough draw tonight made easier with Vasilevskiy sitting it out.  We typically don't fair well against backups for some reason but either way.  We played them tough last time in their building and I expect the same, tonight.  

21 minutes ago, The_Light_Brigade said:

I mean, you could go back and look at the previous replies. I didn't bring it up, I was clearing it up.  With that said, tough draw tonight made easier with Vasilevskiy sitting it out.  We typically don't fair well against backups for some reason but either way.  We played them tough last time in their building and I expect the same, tonight.  

I know why I was just being fecesious and trying to put the conversation back where it belongs. Canes vs Lightning

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

I’m aware, it was the Canes doctors who actually suggested he get further testing.

Taking nothing away from Chicago but they dumped a player who they thought was declining but in fact had an illness and then attached what turned out to be a 70 point winger in the deal. Even if Bicks was never diagnosed with MS I would have taken that deal 100 times out of 100.

3 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Mcelhinney is done. We win this game with Mrazek.

I still trust Mac as a backup but Mrazek needs to be the guy playing pretty much every game except back to backs. No idea why he didn't play today...

9 hours ago, t96 said:

I still trust Mac as a backup but Mrazek needs to be the guy playing pretty much every game except back to backs. No idea why he didn't play today...

The announcers mentioned that Merzak lost the 2 prior games, so they wanted to give Mac a chance.

Man I was so hoping we could have pulled off the win last night!  I dont watch Hockey enough to be real knowledgeable,  but I was really impressed with how the Canes played especially in the 2nd period against such a caliber team. 

Archived