• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The obvious and less obvious...

twylyght

this thread is simply a collection of stuff that has already been said. most of it by me. i called jake out last year going back to the oakland game. funny how so many are jumping on the last season bandwagon. i selected the puntjake name in january. not this year after he started playing so badly. many here thought we'd win 12 or 13 games. what a joke. i saw it coming even before the draft, training camp or preseason.

just glad everyone else is starting to catch up!

so cool... i think you should not post here for six months to a year and then come back and see who stole your ideas and confront them! make sure to wait a while though. it's important.

I appreciate you agreeing with me on most points, but I have to disagree with you here. I cannot think of a time when Jake was not throwing like he is now. I simply don't know how he has gotten away with it for as long as he has. A surgery cannot fix your throwing motion and decision-making as far as I can tell. Moreover, I don't know of any other professional QBs that have undergone Tommy John surgery.

Craig Erikson and Rob Johnson had the surgery. Lots of other things you apparently get wrong as well.

As much as I've talked crap about Peppers, he's been playing pretty good. It's not the defense it's coaching, QB and ST. Oh, puntjake did you predict T.J. Yates would suck also? This coming from a Heels fan, hope your avatar is for basketball or you are a hypocrite my friend.

I appreciate your message, and the spirit behind it, but a lot of these ideas have been discussed ad nauseum for many many months. So, though I think you've posted your thoughts in a well written manner, this is the Huddle, and people are going to grade you down for passing off old thoughts as a revolutionary analysis.

I appreciate your message, and the spirit behind it, but a lot of these ideas have been discussed ad nauseum for many many months. So, though I think you've posted your thoughts in a well written manner, this is the Huddle, and people are going to grade you down for passing off old thoughts as a revolutionary analysis.

I have no problem admitting that I'm wrong when I am. Kinda sucks to have ppl one-line an entire thread topic without anything to back it up and think that they are Einsteins in the process. I was hoping to get the obvious out of the way so the less obvious could be discussed at least a little. Doesn't look like anyone cares enough. So be it.

Granted, at 6-1 he is on the shorter end of what would be considered as average for NFL QBs. However, his decision-making, completion percentage, and arm strength demonstrate the best tools to overcome the 2 inches shy of being average height for QBs in the NFL. Given our needs and the draft pick we have for next year, I would sooner take a flyer on this kid (I am sure no one will be looking to draft him simply because of his height) than engage in the perenially high-risk pick of franchise QBs from the draft.

His completion percentage is high mainly because of the dink and dunk offense that the Deacs run - which is a polar opposite of the Panthers current offense. The other problem that you didn't address is how long he holds on to the ball in the pocket which is something you can not do in the NFL.

Feel free to correct me. I'm waiting to hear it.

I won't go into a ful page rebuttal, because length doesn't necessarily equal quality. Still Davidson for example has not done a great job this year. There have been numerous discussions by opposing players saying that we telegraph our plays and sets and are way too predictable. Moose said last week that on our pass sets opposing teams already know what we are running just by how we line up. Reminds of when Henning would always snap the ball on 1.

The straight ahead dive play on 4th and 1 Sunday when they had 7 guys on the line and all 3 backers in the run gaps was a perfect example. A simple toss play to the outside and our running back would still be running.

As for Peppers, the change in the last 2 games has little to do with his attitude or effort positive or negative. It has more to do with Hollis Thomas. Since we are clogging up the middle and Thomas engages the center and guard, this frees up Peppers to work against a tackle instead of 2 players rushing the passer. he also doesn't need to crash inside to defend the inside on run plays or play action as much allowing him to take an outside rush which is his natural strength. He can also work on his speed rush instead of having to read and react knowing the outside linebacker can support him since he isn't having to support the middle as much as they did the first couple of games.

I could go on but there are 2 places where we would disagree.

As for Peppers, the change in the last 2 games has little to do with his attitude or effort positive or negative.

yeah im sure the lack of hollis thomas against atlanta or dallas was why he was just standing around and jogging around the field.

oh wait you're wrong. just like always.

According to several of his teammates, Peppers' speech centered around his own self accountability. While Peppers had not returned calls for this story, his message was relayed by several of his teammates.

Among the highlights relayed by Panthers players:

Peppers explained that as he stood on the sideline following a bad play the week before against the Redskins, and had somewhat of an epiphany. His initial reaction after blowing a play was to think of excuses why he messed up. However, seconds later the proverbial light bulb apparently went on and Peppers realized it was time to stop making excuses. It was time to look at the man in the mirror and take responsibility for his actions on the field.

He continued by telling the team he went home, put in tape of every game they've played thus far and was extremely disappointed in the man he saw on film. He admitted he needed to make a change immediately, change from the man who had disappointed himself thus far.

"While he was talking we were kind of looking at him with our jaws dropped," said another Panther. "It wasn't just last weekend either, he's been unbelievable all week this week. He really seems like he's different guy, totally different."

Peppers admitted that if he was ever asked to speak to the team his plan was to respectfully decline. But after coming clean with himself, his mind-set changed on the issue within the last week.

As he rolled through his message of self-accountability he shifted to the team photo. Peppers told his teammates that when their team photo was eventually placed on the wall of the team headquarters and people looked back at that photo years from now, how would he be remembered? Peppers again admitted he didn't want to be remembered as the player he had shown thus far.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/10272310/Sunday-Scoopage:-Light-goes-on-for-Peppers

I have no problem admitting that I'm wrong when I am. Kinda sucks to have ppl one-line an entire thread topic without anything to back it up and think that they are Einsteins in the process. I was hoping to get the obvious out of the way so the less obvious could be discussed at least a little. Doesn't look like anyone cares enough. So be it.

You put out lots of sentences but have plowed no new ground or added unique insight. Hence the reason that it hasn't generated lots of discussion. Show me where you have added any new information or insight worthy of discussion versus rehashing old information and speculating with out additional facts.

Archived