• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Around the league FA moves

ncfan

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Oh, I agree...  good deal.  Zeitler is great.  But, they are getting awfully lopsided at this point.

And to clarify, i was speaking more to the big picture of what he's doing - Letting Collins walk, OBJ rumors, and dealing Vernon.

yeah they are in win now mode. dont know why they are getting rid of bad contracts. not like they are rebuilding or anything. they need to keep that exoensive core

4 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Jackson would be a luxury, we need help at other positions right now. 

We do have bigger needs at edge rusher and OT which probably won't be fixed in FA dueto market cost at that position. 

The  Center and FS

But if we're going to 3-4. We dont really have anyone on the roster who is a DE in that system.  Addison, Haynes, Obada arent going to 2gap on the end like it requires

13 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Amazing. I am just overwhelmed at how much smarter the Pats are than everyone else. 

That’s what separates them for the rest of the league. Now they’ll get a comp pick for Trey Flowers while paying Bennett base salaries of $6M and $7M over the next 2 years.

59 minutes ago, stbugs said:

We’re bitching about our GM who likes to waste money. We gave him top tier S money when he’s not that good. I wanted him back but there’s a glut of FA safeties and Ron even said he liked the depth of safeties in the draft. All that and we gave Reid more than Mathieu got last year and Mathieu got the top FA safety deal. Mathieu was ranked 21st and Reid was ranked 55th.

I’m more worried about cap hit and guaranteed money than I am about his overall contract. Reid played average out of position last year I think he will be near pro bowl level at the ss due to fit, again I understand the concern but it’s 10 mil guaranteed and a cap hit just north of 5 mil 

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Wait, you’re telling me I was right in the Eric Reid thread and the guys proposing paying through the nose for safeties were wrong? How about that, maybe I was right about the trend of lower salaries for safeties was true.

I’m glad we re-signed Reid, but my issue was the cost and it looks like this year will be the same. SMH and as you said people gearing up to sign players to help them win and we are keeping our WR4 just in case.

I’ll give you a guarantee that if we keep Kalil, I’m not going to watch or care much this year. I’ll know that we had a chance to since a top pass rusher or FS and C before the draft and we didn’t and we migh make the playoffs but we aren’t going to protect Cam or play defense well enough to win it all.

Let’s keep Smith over TD. Morons.

I was screaming to high heavens over the Reid contract too. Honestly, I think the only people who liked that deal were the people who think the Panthers' organization can do no wrong despite ample evidence to the contrary and those who want political correctness points. I just want to field a consistent winner without going full-on Bengals or Raiders and fielding a team of criminals (who still don't consistently win).

Archived