• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Later rounds draft crushes.. 3rd thru undrafted..

Sub Zero

Travis Homer, RB Miami

From all reports he's an extremely hard worker, very competitive, and an all around football guy that everyone wants on their team. He's a little thin framed, but I think that can be fixed. He's good rushing or receiving, and would be a great grab later on.

Elijah Holyfield, RB Georgia

Gritty, hard nosed RB that plays WAY faster than he clocks in drills. He's tough, quick, and shifty.

Anthony Johnson, WR Buffalo

Great WR in a pool of lesser skilled players. His hands are great, and he does very well in traffic. Separation at the next level will be my biggest concern, but his routes and cutting will allow him some success.

Jazz Ferguson, WR Northwest State

A poor man's Randy Moss tbqh. Sure, the competition level was questionable, but this dude has it all. Put him on a bigger named school's roster and he's a candidate for day 1 consideration.

Chris Johnson, FS North Alabama

Not much tape to see, but he presents as a very capable candidate for FS in the NFL. He makes good reads, reacts well to those reads, and lays the wood when he needs to. I think he could play in the box as well, but I think he has the coverage skills to be a quality deep safety in the NFL.

Tyree Jackson, QB Buffalo

People aren't really singing his praises, because he is more of a project, but I believe people are salivating behind the scenes. Jackson has great size and mobility (reminds me a lot of Cam in these aspects) and makes some difficult throws at times. If he can sit a year or so, and learn the game a little more, he'll be a dangerous QB in the NFL in the future.

Jamal Davis, EDGE Akron

This dude, if you beef him up just a tad, can be a force on the edge. You don't even have to do anything much to him and I'd be comfortable with him playing OLB.

15 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Tyree Jackson, QB Buffalo

15 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Jazz Ferguson, WR Northwest State

16 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Elijah Holyfield, RB Georgia

I've seen articles/highlights on these guys and was impressed. Not familiar at all with the others. Jackson intrigues me because of his size, mobility, and arm strength. His knock is accuracy (remind you of someone???). I had him pegged as a "backup Cam" at 100 or 115 in one of my mocks.

Holyfield is a beast. He runs like his daddy boxed, violently! The first tackler will not bring him down. He was never used a receiver much, and doesn't have the best top-end speed, but he could be the smash to CMC's dash.  I'd grab him at 77 and think that I was getting away with something. He's been productive against top competition.

Jazz Ferguson just has a cool frikkin name. Plus he's massive, which we are sorely missing on the WR corps. I'm not really sure where to draft him, because his 1 awesome year came against second rate talent. LSU wouldn't play him.  Maybe we could grab him in the 5th or 6th after getting his brother Jaylon in the 3rd.

10 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

I've seen articles/highlights on these guys and was impressed. Not familiar at all with the others. Jackson intrigues me because of his size, mobility, and arm strength. His knock is accuracy (remind you of someone???). I had him pegged as a "backup Cam" at 100 or 115 in one of my mocks.

Holyfield is a beast. He runs like his daddy boxed, violently! The first tackler will not bring him down. He was never used a receiver much, and doesn't have the best top-end speed, but he could be the smash to CMC's dash.  I'd grab him at 77 and think that I was getting away with something. He's been productive against top competition.

Jazz Ferguson just has a cool frikkin name. Plus he's massive, which we are sorely missing on the WR corps. I'm not really sure where to draft him, because his 1 awesome year came against second rate talent. LSU wouldn't play him.  Maybe we could grab him in the 5th or 6th after getting his brother Jaylon in the 3rd.

I read that Jazz's time at LSU was pretty bad. It read like he was in the doghouse, and was making terrible decisions on and off the field at the time.

I also read that, ever since, he seems like a new man and that he let a lot of that immaturity go. I'm rooting for him.

28 minutes ago, Bronn said:

I read that Jazz's time at LSU was pretty bad. It read like he was in the doghouse, and was making terrible decisions on and off the field at the time.

I also read that, ever since, he seems like a new man and that he let a lot of that immaturity go. I'm rooting for him.

I hope so to. If he's got his poo together, he could be a hellova late round steal for someone. His highlights and size certainly impress.

One of my favorite mid-rounders now has a top 30 visit.  Christian Miller (6'3" 247 lbs) has injury concerns but is a very long (35-1/8" arms), athletic and bendy edge prospect.  5-star prospect out of South Carolina who went to Bama.

I'll add Notre Dame WR Miles Boykin now after getting a good look at him.  Stock jumped after his amazing combine but his tape is pretty good too and looks to be held back by QB play.

UTEP CB Nik Needham would be a great grab at corner too who isn't getting any press.

Archived