• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kemba Walker On His Future

22 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

I'm personally not killing them, this is pretty much Kemba and how he feels and felt. 

I've thought for two seasons that the best course of action was to trade Kemba. I'd have wanted to keep the pick. 

1. For his sake so he can compete for a championship. 

2. So the Hornets get back a decent package including 1st round picks. 

Your in depth knowledge of the inner workings of Kemba’s mind is very impressive.  When he re-signs I expect you will have known all along.

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Your in depth knowledge of the inner workings of Kemba’s mind is very impressive.  When he re-signs I expect you will have known all along.

He's come out and clearly said for several years that he wants to win. He's clearly said that Charlotte has to make moves to improve to keep him. He wants to win, no inner workings needed. 

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

The only reasons Kemba could resign is not many teams close to contending have a hole at pg or a bad player at pg. 

A sneaky team for his services will be Utah. They clearly gotta make a move for Love and/or Conley/Kemba to compete in he west. Their offense is not gonna cut it. 

I've never thought the team could compete with Kemba, not because of him but, because so many bad picks and poor contracts have been traded for trying to get the quick fix that it'll be hard to get from under it AND have a contending team around him. 

If he values his legacy in nba circles he gotta go unfortunately for the Hornets and Charlotte. 

37 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

The only reasons Kemba could resign is not many teams close to contending have a hole at pg or a bad player at pg. 

A sneaky team for his services will be Utah. They clearly gotta make a move for Love and/or Conley/Kemba to compete in he west. Their offense is not gonna cut it. 

I've never thought the team could compete with Kemba, not because of him but, because so many bad picks and poor contracts have been traded for trying to get the quick fix that it'll be hard to get from under it AND have a contending team around him. 

If he values his legacy in nba circles he gotta go unfortunately for the Hornets and Charlotte. 

Is that really the case? Westbrook and Damian Lillard are more than likely never going to win a Title, and both are thought of as beast on their respective teams. Actually, both are very respected in NBA circles. Kemba will be thought of as a great player regardless, as well. Legacy or not, he is the man here in Charlotte. If he goes to another team and becomes a number 2 or 3 option, well, congrats to him. Especially if he goes to the shitty Lakers or Dallas, which is what EVERYONE in the media wants, and is saying. Just SMH. 

23 hours ago, bull123 said:

I’m telling everybody...it’s all about the cash...Kemba is a good dude, but he is like every other player...he wants to get paid

if we pay him, he will stay...otherwise he will chase the money

That's the problem Charlotte doesn't need to pay him. They bring him back and it's the same situation. Barely competing to make the playoffs. This is a situation were it's best for both sides to part ways.

7 hours ago, Trill OG said:

That's the problem Charlotte doesn't need to pay him. They bring him back and it's the same situation. Barely competing to make the playoffs. This is a situation were it's best for both sides to part ways.

If we bring back Kemba and continue playing our young guys we have a much better chance of success in the future than tanking and praying we draft another player even remotely close to Kemba's skill level.

If it didn't take Borrego 70 something games to pull his head out of his ass and realize playing guys like Batum and Marv 35 minutes a game wasn't helping us win we would have been in the playoffs right now.

I love the Hornets and I don't think this team would survive 5+ years of sub 20 win seasons praying to hit the jackpot in the draft.

Some of you act like if we don't have a top 3 pick we are doomed. Just two years ago the best player taken in the draft was picked at 13 right where we are about to select this year. We had a chance at Mitchell but took Monk (I was 50/50 with Monk and Mitchell but was still happy with the pick) instead. Tanking for the number one pick sure would have helped us that year. Sorry but I still haven't seen any real evidence of tanking working better than making proper draft selections and getting lucky.

8 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

If we bring back Kemba and continue playing our young guys we have a much better chance of success in the future than tanking and praying we draft another player even remotely close to Kemba's skill level.

If it didn't take Borrego 70 something games to pull his head out of his ass and realize playing guys like Batum and Marv 35 minutes a game wasn't helping us win we would have been in the playoffs right now.

I love the Hornets and I don't think this team would survive 5+ years of sub 20 win seasons praying to hit the jackpot in the draft.

Some of you act like if we don't have a top 3 pick we are doomed. Just two years ago the best player taken in the draft was picked at 13 right where we are about to select this year. We had a chance at Mitchell but took Monk (I was 50/50 with Monk and Mitchell but was still happy with the pick) instead. Tanking for the number one pick sure would have helped us that year. Sorry but I still haven't seen any real evidence of tanking working better than making proper draft selections and getting lucky.

Were have you been the past 9 years? Charlotte hasn't had any playoff success since they drafted Kemba. You expect me to believe that they are going to surround Kemba with talent after paying him a big deal? Cmon bruh, that's not happening.

It's time to move on and rebuild the right way. Kemba is not great enough to build a playoff contender around. That's no shot at Kemba, it's just the reality of the situation. Let him go to another team and showcase his talent in the playoffs. Charlotte needs to rebuild and that can't happen with Kemba.

On 4/21/2019 at 3:33 PM, JakeDel5674 said:

Is that really the case? Westbrook and Damian Lillard are more than likely never going to win a Title, and both are thought of as beast on their respective teams. Actually, both are very respected in NBA circles. Kemba will be thought of as a great player regardless, as well. Legacy or not, he is the man here in Charlotte. If he goes to another team and becomes a number 2 or 3 option, well, congrats to him. Especially if he goes to the shitty Lakers or Dallas, which is what EVERYONE in the media wants, and is saying. Just SMH. 

It's different because both of those players have routinely been in the playoffs most of their careers and if they don't win it won't be because they stayed in a situation that most thought was bad anyways. But if Kemba stays most people will say that he took the money and that's all he cared about. I won't knock him for cashing out or leaving. He deserves any option he picks 

2 hours ago, Trill OG said:

Were have you been the past 9 years? Charlotte hasn't had any playoff success since they drafted Kemba. You expect me to believe that they are going to surround Kemba with talent after paying him a big deal? Cmon bruh, that's not happening.

It's time to move on and rebuild the right way. Kemba is not great enough to build a playoff contender around. That's no shot at Kemba, it's just the reality of the situation. Let him go to another team and showcase his talent in the playoffs. Charlotte needs to rebuild and that can't happen with Kemba.

It's crazy that people think all of a sudden a poorly ran organization from contracts/trades/drafts are gonna miraculously fix themselves over night.

Prime example didn't the hornets value Sexton over SGA? I know sexton improved towards the end but that's another example of the poor scouting and drafting they've done for years. Hornets need as many draft picks as possible to turn this around but that ship has sailed 

1 hour ago, jumpman910 said:

It's crazy that people think all of a sudden a poorly ran organization from contracts/trades/drafts are gonna miraculously fix themselves over night.

Prime example didn't the hornets value Sexton over SGA? I know sexton improved towards the end but that's another example of the poor scouting and drafting they've done for years. Hornets need as many draft picks as possible to turn this around but that ship has sailed 

Sexton was picked before our pick.  WTF?

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Clearly about a dozen teams preferred someone to Mitchell. Same with Giannis. Wasn't just us.

Happens every draft to every team, but I wasn't using the Monk/Mitchell debate to harp on that. 

I was using it for an example as to why the hornets should've been trying to acquire as many pieces for kemba as possible instead of the possibility to lose him for nothing.

The draft is full of gems and bust but when you have a history of poor drafting you need more assets to increase your chances of not fuging the pick up. 

Archived