• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If they RIP out seats in the 500 level to create party decks what happens to those PSL owners?

CatMan72

1 hour ago, ImfromClayton said:

I haven’t seen this talked about, but if we reduce capacity and cap PSLs, starting a waiting list, that would be a WONDERFUL thing for the franchise. Then we could start to weed out the people that sell them every week. 

You do know tickets rarely sell for much over face value, right?

4 hours ago, ImfromClayton said:

I haven’t seen this talked about, but if we reduce capacity and cap PSLs, starting a waiting list, that would be a WONDERFUL thing for the franchise. Then we could start to weed out the people that sell them every week. 

Yeah, because I chuckle every time the PA guy announces a "sell-out" when 10%-20% of the stadium is empty.  I've been on the PSL Exchange and there are literally a few thousand PSL seats people are trying to get rid of, some nearly giving them away. I think the party decks will improve the ambiance and game experience because it will cater to two different types of fans...those that choose to sit their tushes in a seat for 3 hours and the ones that want to enjoy the game with some roaming around/mingling involved.  Not saying one is right or wrong, but at least it creates options where there is only one choice now.

2 hours ago, ImfromClayton said:

I don’t think that’s the point at all. 

I don’t care how much money they are making. I care about the people in the stadium wearing black and blue. 

Well if the tickets are not being bought by local people at or near face value, what do you expect?  It's not like there are bidding wars happening over tickets.   Do you think Tepper would just give the tickets away to local fans if PSL owners didn't have them?  I just don't see your logic around this at all 

3 minutes ago, CatTower said:

Well if the tickets are not being bought by local people at or near face value, what do you expect?  It's not like there are bidding wars happening over tickets.   Do you think Tepper would just give the tickets away to local fans if PSL owners didn't have them?  I just don't see your logic around this at all 

When PSLs sell out, you can start a waiting list, and revoke the tickets of people’s who show up in the aftermarket game after game. This is what many markets have done. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.denverpost.com/2017/05/03/denver-broncos-season-tickets-weeding/amp/

I agree. Local people have to show the demand for the seats, but at a reduced capacity, we are darn close. 

18 hours ago, ImfromClayton said:

When PSLs sell out, you can start a waiting list, and revoke the tickets of people’s who show up in the aftermarket game after game. This is what many markets have done. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.denverpost.com/2017/05/03/denver-broncos-season-tickets-weeding/amp/

I agree. Local people have to show the demand for the seats, but at a reduced capacity, we are darn close. 

Denver doesn’t have PSLS. They can revoke because people didn’t pay for the rights to buy said tickets. PSLs unless it’s in the agreement you must go to so many games, the panthers would have a lawsuit on their hands if they did what Denver did. I never understand why the argument never comes up why are fans are not willing to pay to come see this team? Revoke PSLs from brokers, our fans won’t even pay face value half the time, plus the Panthers still have PSLs for sale!

1 hour ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

...... I never understand why the argument never comes up why are fans are not willing to pay to come see this team? Revoke PSLs from brokers, our fans won’t even pay face value half the time, plus the Panthers still have PSLs for sale!

One reason is the prices have gone up a lot.  My tickets just back in 2012 were $64 a seat are now $100 to $120 a game (they instituted variable pricing by game last season, so some games face amt were more) AND THE BIGGER issue is way to many PSL owners rather eat their tickets than sell them below face or even give them away.  I am not saying they have to do either, but if their seat is empty that's what they did. 

Archived