• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

forgive me for not going all ahegao over burns, but...

frash.exe

31 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

He's explosive, brings much needed athleticism to a premium position, produced in college, destroyed workouts, has huge upside, fills a need, and already has his own sack dance. What more do y'all want?

Y'all realize football ain't that serious, right? Like, you can be excited about a football player (it's a game after all) and don't have to temper your expectations for fear of looking bad on a message board lol

some of us don’t care about any of that offseason football nerd crap and just want to see the team in the playoffs in january and not fuging off to pound sand bc we can’t compete with the saints again

3 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Lol none of what you said has any impact on the product on the field, except for maybe hypothetically your first point that you made up. Are you worried about the product we put on the field, or about whether Ron feels embarrassed? What does that have to do with anything?

If Hurney + Tepper results in smart contracts, then what are you complaining about again?

I just love making stuff up.  Its like my hobby and junk.  

Its a point that Ron isn't improving.

Hurney will screw up.  It's inevitable.  Id rather a new guy fug up than watch Marty do it again.

4 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

some of us don’t care about any of that offseason football nerd crap and just want to see the team in the playoffs in january and not fuging off to pound sand bc we can’t compete with the saints again

Then why are you here?? You don't care about this offseason nerd poo.  But you're giving your opinion about offseason need poo??? What..

Come on @Rayzor jesus christ.. Why is this still allowed to happen.. Dude literally just said he is here to troll..

4 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Yeah, he's no Jeff Otah.  I still dont understand how we got back to having Hurney drafts.  Its like an extra level of hell no one knew existed.

I blame the jeff otah pick on hurney's trade addiction. it makes him stupid. stewart was the right pick that year. otah should never have happened.

31 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

It's whatever the fug I typed clown..

I can't stand you ppl.. You want to be bitter and stupid for no reason.. 

It's not enough that you're miserable.. You have to go out of your way to poo on everything for no reason at all.

what do you mean 'you people'?

16 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

I just love making stuff up.  Its like my hobby and junk.  

Its a point that Ron isn't improving.

Hurney will screw up.  It's inevitable.  Id rather a new guy fug up than watch Marty do it again.

So that begs the question: do you want the team to improve or do you want Ron to improve?? If Ron has certain strengths as a coach and certain flaws, and then brings in people around him for the purpose of compensating and overcoming those flaws and the team is better as a result, then are you okay with that or no?

Oh by the way I read several articles saying it was proven beyond a doubt that every single bad decision Hurney ever made was at the command of Jerry Richardson. Man, you’re right...making stuff up is so much more effective in a discussion. BOOM! It’s over.

29 minutes ago, rayzor said:

if it wasn't for the fact that hurney is typically money on the first pick (with the exception of his addiction to trading it away) I might be concerned. 

i'm  not, though. we've had much worse first rounders....esp. butler.

legit concerns, but I think he'll be good here.

hurney’s typically money on the first round for the same reason he’s overall terrible every round after: when you’re picking in the top 15, the chances of getting a top tier player are much higher.

hurney has a lot of top 15 picks on his resume bc the teams he builds play like shyte during the regular season. without a top 15 pick hurney couldn’t do fug all to get the panthers to compete.

1 minute ago, L-TownCat said:

That started the spiral, Otah then Brown, then Clausen then Armanti.

yep, his business became digging holes in the draft and with the cap.

I still don't trust him and I think we've seen some things contractually that might put us in a hole again, but he seems to be doing a better job of acquiring talent at the moment and he's given out some cap friendly one year contracts so he might be coming around. 

I don't know, but for the moment i'm not hating what I see.

Jeff Otah looked great at first. He looked like everything we wanted him to be. He injured his knee, had surgery and never recovered. Talk all you want about work ethic, some is probably warranted, some is probably just bitchiness from guys like John Fox who were lame ducks in full tank mode. It was a perfect storm and not Hurney's fault. The guy was a nasty road grader for his first two years and looked like a book end to Gross. 

22 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I blame the jeff otah pick on hurney's trade addiction. it makes him stupid. stewart was the right pick that year. otah should never have happened.

Curious as to why? Otah was a straight up beast mauler. Can’t predict an injury to a big, very big man even by NFL standards. But for the short time he was healthy he demolished anyone in his way. I don’t blame Hurley for Otah one bit and think it was a good choice.

8 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

So that begs the question: do you want the team to improve or do you want Ron to improve?? If Ron has certain strengths as a coach and certain flaws, and then brings in people around him for the purpose of compensating and overcoming those flaws and the team is better as a result, then are you okay with that or no?

Oh by the way I read several articles saying it was proven beyond a doubt that every single bad decision Hurney ever made was at the command of Jerry Richardson. Man, you’re right...making stuff up is so much more effective in a discussion. BOOM! It’s over.

You've got to be like the greatest poster of all times.  

For the team to improve, Ron would need to improve.  He doesn't improve.  How about we see if it works?  Im not sure it will.

Im glad you can read.  Congrats.

4 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

hurney’s typically money on the first round for the same reason he’s overall terrible every round after: when you’re picking in the top 15, the chances of getting a top tier player are much higher.

hurney has a lot of top 15 picks on his resume bc the teams he builds play like shyte during the regular season. without a top 15 pick hurney couldn’t do fug all to get the panthers to compete.

he's done better this offseason, though. his picks last year weren't horrible either. 

it kills me to say nice things about him, but so far hurney 2.0 is a significant upgrade over the old one (of course the bar was set pretty stinkin low). I still have serious doubts that we will see an improvement in rivera, but hurney is alright so far this year.

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

yep, his business became digging holes in the draft and with the cap.

I still don't trust him and I think we've seen some things contractually that might put us in a hole again, but he seems to be doing a better job of acquiring talent at the moment and he's given out some cap friendly one year contracts so he might be coming around. 

I don't know, but for the moment i'm not hating what I see.

We didn't hate it back then either.  It takes time for the poo to ferment.

Archived