• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

forgive me for not going all ahegao over burns, but...

frash.exe

is it not just weirdly coincidental that not only is his direct positional coach, a former panthers top draft pick in 2009, also a former product of the FSU linebacker program, but his brother stanley is a former carolina panthers draft pick as well?

forget the actual athletic comparisons to brown, burns may end up being the real deal and making a bunch of guys on here look stupid. but are we picking guys bc they are actually good prospects and our draft guys pick for that and nothing else or are we still in stefan lefors mode where family and connections to professional associates influence our personnel decisions, for better or worse?

If your job was on the line would you be picking players because they had “connections” to your organization or would you be picking players who you thought could help you win?

Pretty sure Ron and Marty like it in Charlotte and would like to be employed there after 2019

My only reservations are that he's pretty light in the lower body and FSU pass rushers have a historically poor track record of translating to the NFL. That's pretty much it. He's definitely a dynamic athlete with a high ceilings who produced on the field.

We desperately needed a pass rusher. I desperately wanted a pass rusher. We drafted a pass rusher. I'm excited.

4 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

If your job was on the line would be picking players because they had “connections” to your organization or would you be picking players who you thought could help you win?

Pretty sure Ron and Marty like it in Charlotte and would like to be employed there after 2019

i still think it’s a fair question. marty isn’t even the only one that has done it in the past so i’m not singling him out. cam cameron drafted ted ginn 9th overall, which was higher than anybody thought he should go and a lot of the reason for that was bc cam knew ginn’s family over the years.

He's explosive, brings much needed athleticism to a premium position, produced in college, destroyed workouts, has huge upside, fills a need, and already has his own sack dance. What more do y'all want?

Y'all realize football ain't that serious, right? Like, you can be excited about a football player (it's a game after all) and don't have to temper your expectations for fear of looking bad on a message board lol

If we're throwing out Conspiracy theories I got one..

If Gettelmen made this pick you wouldn't have made this thread...jmo

I know you don't like Hurney but there is no alternative motive in needing help in your pass rush and adding 1 of the best pass rusher in this draft..

1 minute ago, Prime said:

Yeah, I blame most of the vomiting on Matt Kalil, Captain Munnerlyn and mike Adams the last few years. Fortunately all 3 are gone now. We making progress lol

Yet we still call Eric Washington our DC, Ron still can't manage a clock, Marty Hurney is still making budgetary decisions, oh and we dont know if our MVP QB has a throwing arm.

FYI everybody, OP just has it out for any pick the Panthers make with Marty Hurney as the GM because Dave Gettleman was fired.

This entire OP is just in bad faith. He won't accept any logical answers anyone has to offer.

At this point I don't know why he even bothers to follow the team.

4 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Yet we still call Eric Washington our DC, Ron still can't manage a clock, Marty Hurney is still making budgetary decisions, oh and we dont know if our MVP QB has a throwing arm.

Are you just complaining for the sake of complaining?

1. Ron has taken over DC duties, so why are you upset about an arbitrary label?

2. We have someone devoted to assisting Ron with clock management.

3. Marty has been smart with contracts this time around.

The only arguably valid point is your last one.

Archived