• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone have a switch?

carpanfan96

My kids (boys, ages 8 and 5) want one. We'll probably get them one eventually. Let us know what you think once you play it a bit.

They really want that Zelda game... Wind Waker or something like that.

We got my son one for Xmas (though he lost it until the end of school for behavior reasons).  I really like the Zelda game.  Mario is fine.  He really liked Lego City and Let's go Pikachu.

There are plenty of cool games for the switch, but it's geared towards the Nintendo fan much more than a core gamer.

8 minutes ago, d-dave said:

We got my son one for Xmas (though he lost it until the end of school for behavior reasons).  I really like the Zelda game.  Mario is fine.  He really liked Lego City and Let's go Pikachu.

There are plenty of cool games for the switch, but it's geared towards the Nintendo fan much more than a core gamer.

It's got a bunch of awesome indie games on it. I've already picked up 

SSBU, Skyrim, Diablo 3, Sonic mania, Rayman, fast rmx, Bastion, ffxii, la noir, wasteland 2, wargroove, Warframe, dragons dogma, Mario vs Rabbids, I am setsuna plus some other smaller Indies I caught on sale. 

Getting American Fugitive for it on the 24th. Looking at getting Bayonetta 1&2 bundle, mk11, and a few others in the next couple of weeks. 

Heck at this point I play it more then I do anything else because I can jump on Warframe anywhere instead of having to boot the PC up and log in.  

2 hours ago, Bronn said:

My kids (boys, ages 8 and 5) want one. We'll probably get them one eventually. Let us know what you think once you play it a bit.

They really want that Zelda game... Wind Waker or something like that.

The Zelda game is called Breath of the Wild. I bought a Switch just for that game, to play while recovering from surgery, and while I've purchased a few others, I played that one exclusively until I beat it. I don't really play video games; it was kind of an anomaly in my life, but such a fun one. Other than the fact that it's highly addictive(I stayed up almost an entire night playing once), the expansive open world exploration and the infinite ways to problem solve make it a great learning game in my opinion. My nephews all have a daily allotment of screen time and choose to spend it on their Switch almost exclusively. 

If you can wait a bit, they're releasing some new Switch console versions this year I believe.

17 hours ago, PanthersBigD said:

The Zelda game is called Breath of the Wild. I bought a Switch just for that game, to play while recovering from surgery, and while I've purchased a few others, I played that one exclusively until I beat it. I don't really play video games; it was kind of an anomaly in my life, but such a fun one. Other than the fact that it's highly addictive(I stayed up almost an entire night playing once), the expansive open world exploration and the infinite ways to problem solve make it a great learning game in my opinion. My nephews all have a daily allotment of screen time and choose to spend it on their Switch almost exclusively. 

If you can wait a bit, they're releasing some new Switch console versions this year I believe.

Do you have any idea when the price might drop a bit? I haven't researched it enough tbqh. It'll probably be birthday time this year (August/September) or Xmas before we spring for one.

2 hours ago, Bronn said:

Do you have any idea when the price might drop a bit? I haven't researched it enough tbqh. It'll probably be birthday time this year (August/September) or Xmas before we spring for one.

I don’t. Check out the Switch page on Reddit. They should have that info whenever it comes out. 

4 hours ago, Bronn said:

Latest rumors are it's similar to the 2ds compared to the 3ds. Cheaper switch with no rumble and made more as a portable device. 

Got one from my mom for Christmas, and I've barely got to touch it since my wife and 3yr old dominate the time with it.

I'm blown away by how good our son is at some of the games. He gets frustrated and demands that we do parts for him, but we make him work through it to try and help him develop better problem solving skills. It's fun too for us all to sit on the couch together and watch either of them play.

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2019 at 12:46 PM, carpanfan96 said:

It's got a bunch of awesome indie games on it. I've already picked up 

SSBU, Skyrim, Diablo 3, Sonic mania, Rayman, fast rmx, Bastion, ffxii, la noir, wasteland 2, wargroove, Warframe, dragons dogma, Mario vs Rabbids, I am setsuna plus some other smaller Indies I caught on sale. 

Getting American Fugitive for it on the 24th. Looking at getting Bayonetta 1&2 bundle, mk11, and a few others in the next couple of weeks. 

Heck at this point I play it more then I do anything else because I can jump on Warframe anywhere instead of having to boot the PC up and log in.  

Warframe is pretty good.  I've only played this BOTW and Mario Cart.

Archived