• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One Panther Place — New Blog

ellis

On 6/7/2019 at 2:34 PM, SmittysLawnGuy said:

I'm old enough to remember being old when it was called Panthers Huddle:tongue:

I’m old enough to remember being traumatized watching Kevin Greene assault Kevin Steele from 30-feet away.

1998. Good times.  

We’re up and running. Still a few final touches to be made, but it’s damn good to be back. I posted a piece last night in which we took a look back at the 1996 championship run, highlighting some of the key plays in Carolina’s iconic division-clinching win. 

You’ll see some of the links on our main menu aren’t up yet. But we have several podcasts already in the can, and plan to roll those out just before training camp. Will have a team of guys doing extensive film analysis work throughout the season in an effort to give fans a new perspective on the analytics and mechanics of your favorite team.

Hope to see you all soon. Along with The Huddle and The Riot, make One Panther Place one of your regular stops for Panthers news, analysis and more.  

And now if you’ll excuse me, time to get back to work. 

7555230E-9D56-4E22-9AA8-FA55AF15484B.gif

OH.MY.GOD.  I was there. The sight of Cota diving in front of Hastings and catching the ball is forever burned in my brain. The split-second stunned silence (who has the ball?!) then the total eruption of the stadium. No one wanted to leave. So we didn't. 

That was a divine, awesome article. It took me right back to the game and all the emotions. All the old names you never hear any more! Howard Griffith! Salt & Pepper! Lamar Lathon! Shawn King! 1996 was the team of unknown heroes, the team that just would not give up. We were a two year team with no expectations, not from the media, not from the fans. And I loved the clips, the brevity and 'washed' coloring. 

Outstanding job!! If your writing doesn't take the 'youngsters' right back to that day, that game, with all the emotion and grit then there's no hope for them. Your site is now bookmarked right next to the Huddle lol and following on Twitter. If you do a FB page, I'll follow that too.

PS --- "Three plays layer" needs to be fixed to "Three plays later". I'm not the grammar police but I am OCD and that misspelling just slaps me around. ;) If you want someone who will have it perfectly correct every time to proofread your work, hit me up!!  

2 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

OH.MY.GOD.  I was there. The sight of Cota diving in front of Hastings and catching the ball is forever burned in my brain. The split-second stunned silence (who has the ball?!) then the total eruption of the stadium. No one wanted to leave. So we didn't. 

That was a divine, awesome article. It took me right back to the game and all the emotions. All the old names you never hear any more! Howard Griffith! Salt & Pepper! Lamar Lathon! Shawn King! 1996 was the team of unknown heroes, the team that just would not give up. We were a two year team with no expectations, not from the media, not from the fans. And I loved the clips, the brevity and 'washed' coloring. 

Outstanding job!! If your writing doesn't take the 'youngsters' right back to that day, that game, with all the emotion and grit then there's no hope for them. Your site is now bookmarked right next to the Huddle lol and following on Twitter. If you do a FB page, I'll follow that too.

PS --- "Three plays layer" needs to be fixed to "Three plays later". I'm not the grammar police but I am OCD and that misspelling just slaps me around. ;) If you want someone who will have it perfectly correct every time to proofread your work, hit me up!!  

Thx! Those are kind words. Damn glad you had a chance to read it. Thrilled beyond words it resonated with you. That means more to me as a writer than anything I can imagine. 

Once weekly, we will chronicle a similar trip down memory lane for the “greatest of great games” in team history. 

Good catch on the typo. Yikes. “Three play layer” sounds like the weekend special at the Bunny Ranch. 

Archived