• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One Panther Place — New Blog

ellis

With all the media chatter this AM, thought it would be an opportune time to respectfully inform you guys I’m putting together a Panthers blog.

We will gradually start to roll out next week. Podcasts, hype vid vignettes, long-form features and short-form analysis.

I took a stab at this 8 years ago with my blog, The 212 Daily, before Entercom hired me to do a top-40 morning zoo show (yea...good times). I’ve been following this team like a sociopath since the day Sam clinched their innagural win 50-feet from my chilly bleacher seat in Death Valley.

Sidebar: My dad, Bill Ellis, is one of the Carolinas’ most accomplished media personalities (CMA-award winning morning show host at WSSL-FM, former weather anchor at WSOC in Charlotte, where I spent most of my childhood running around the set and newsroom.) Harold Johnson, by the way, was like an uncle to me—one of my heroes in the business. My aunt owned a Dog Bar in NoDa with Dan Morgan and Will Witherspoon, where we all got to know each other pretty well for a few years. I say this to highlight how LUCKY I have been over the years. These experiences have afforded me invaluable access and connections, and has given me a unique perspective on the mechanics of the media business.

I was a preps/college FB reporter for The Greenville News from 2003-10. Did two years at the Herald-Journal as an entertainment reporter (where Doug Stanhope, in a phoner, told my son “Santa Claus isn’t real, you little turd”).

I’m a middle-aged sales rep with three kids now, and need to write again. It’s in my blood. 

Been posting here off and on for years. It’s a superb hub for photos and fan interaction. That’s not my site’s deal, so please—keep visiting The Huddle and the great folks over at the @RoaringRiot. I know I will.

NOTE TO ADMINS: This will be my only pre-launch promotional post. Jeremy—if you need to move or delete this post, it’s cool. Keenly aware this is your platform, and don’t wanna whore-out too much here. It’s a one time shout out.

TL;DR: Hope you guys (and ladies) stop in to see us. Thanks for letting me steal a few minutes of your morning.

Twitter

The only problem I have with this is exactly what the others have pointed out.  If you knew you were potentially stepping on toes why not just ask before posting?

Of course, Jeremy would have ignored you but at least you get to say you tried to clear it!

Good luck, you clearly have a passion for it but Huddle gonna Huddle about it.

Archived