• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If someone other than Delhomme starts @ QB

Hairless Cat

Double-edged sword

1. Announce ______ as your starter this Sunday and give him the first team reps all week, but lose the element of surprise, or...

2. Make a last second decision to start _______ and not have that guy in tune all week with the first team.

I'm really not sure it matters at all. Say it's Matt Moore - there is no valid film of him to study (except for three games late in 2007).

all three will be getting reps with the starter, probably in equal capacity. if someone really jumps out it might be different but for any type of competitive advantage they want to have, they will split it pretty evenly.

which really hurts Moore or Feely's chances. If Fox wants to go w/ a backup he needs to pick a guy and give them majority of the reps heading into this weekend. There is a reason Fox thinks Jake is the best guy still....no one gets much of a chance....even when Fox says he is thinking about giving a guy he really doesn't trust a chance...maybe....wait,let's go back to talking about how Jake is still awesome.

which really hurts Moore or Feely's chances. If Fox wants to go w/ a backup he needs to pick a guy and give them majority of the reps heading into this weekend. There is a reason Fox thinks Jake is the best guy still....no one gets much of a chance....even when Fox says he is thinking about giving a guy he really doesn't trust a chance...maybe....wait,let's go back to talking about how Jake is still awesome.
kind of reminds me of how denny green handled the cardinals QB situation with mccown/warner....i guess the same thing was done with leinart as well, where there would be times in which the starter wasn't decided on until sunday. the rest of the week went on with reps being split between the two.

dividing it up between three would be tougher, though.

i still think that had they not panicked and placed mccown on IR there wouldn't be as much of a tough decision here.

what am i saying? only way it wouldnt' be a tough call is if jake got hurt.

btw....is it a bad thing if every time jake was slow to get up from a sack or big hit that a little part of me felt hopeful? not really wishing for injury but excited that a change could be right around the corner.

Archived