• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

S Jalen Thompson - Supplemental Draft

12 hours ago, Verge said:

He is really small and doesn't tackle well, does not fit our defense. Expect someone like the Green Bay or Minnesota to pick him up.

I'm not all that familiar with this player but I'm really hoping that our drafting of Jackson and his successful rookie season may signal that we're ready to rethink how evaluate DBs. Jackson is definitely nothing like a stereotypical Panthers CB but we took a chance and early returns look positive. If you can't cover - and I mean REALLY cover - then you're a liability in today's NFL. The old school head hunting safeties are being written out of the game by the evolution of the rulebook.

12 hours ago, Verge said:

He is really small and doesn't tackle well, does not fit our defense. Expect someone like the Green Bay or Minnesota to pick him up.

Isn't Jalen Thompson 6'0" 194?

Eric Reid is 6'1" 214

Jackson is 5'10" 181

Bradberry is 6'1", 212

Colin Jones 6'0" 208

Gaulden 6'1" 201

I wouldn't say he is "really small"

39 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Eric Reid is 6'1" 214

Jackson is 5'10" 181

Bradberry is 6'1", 212

Colin Jones 6'0" 208

Gaulden 6'1" 201

Before his injury issues Earl Thomas was hands down the best FS in the NFL at 5'10" 200 even. 194 is a little lean at 6' tall, but you can add a few pounds. You can't add any inches.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Before his injury issues Earl Thomas was hands down the best FS in the NFL at 5'10" 200 even. 194 is a little lean at 6' tall, but you can add a few pounds. You can't add any inches.

From the looks of things, it seems like he was trying to add a few extra pounds but got caught in the process...

10 hours ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Eric Reid is 6'1" 214

Jackson is 5'10" 181

Bradberry is 6'1", 212

Colin Jones 6'0" 208

Gaulden 6'1" 201

Maybe 'small' is the wrong word, his frame is very slim.

Archived