• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mahershala Ali cast as Blade in Marvel Reboot

Dex

This is literally perfect casting. I can't fuging wait. As amazing as Snipes was this franchise needed a reboot and now we have a 2 time academy award winner taking on the role. Also it was Ali who approached Marvel about playing Blade.

3 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Brilliant Choice but Blade will always be Snipes to me.

Absolutely, he'll have to play a different kind of Blade. This doesn't rule out a Wesley Snipes cameo, a role as Whistler or Snipes as blade in a different universe now that the Multiverse has been introduced. 

On 7/21/2019 at 12:21 PM, Dex said:

Absolutely, he'll have to play a different kind of Blade. This doesn't rule out a Wesley Snipes cameo, a role as Whistler or Snipes as blade in a different universe now that the Multiverse has been introduced. 

Snipes as Whistler was my thinking as well, although seeing someone like Sam Elliott or Stephen Lang in that role would be cool as well. 

12 hours ago, PurityControl said:

Not familiar with his work, but I loved the first Blade, and Snipes in that role. 

Snipes proficiency in martial arts brought something special to the character IMO. 

We'll see I'm always hoping for the best :eyeroll:

From what I read Snipes was hard to work with and besides the close ups everything else was a stand-in or stun double.

Blade Trinity was just on tv as I sit here. Snipes is awful. He's a detriment to any movie. His entire "acting" is no facial expression. Hard pass on him having anything to do with any movie in the future. My 2 cents anyways.

As for K and Blunt in FF4...that's fine by me but the whole movie hinges on doing Dr Doom right. Nail that and everything else will be fine. Miss it and it won't transcend.

5 hours ago, Moorgan said:

Blade Trinity was just on tv as I sit here. Snipes is awful. He's a detriment to any movie. His entire "acting" is no facial expression. Hard pass on him having anything to do with any movie in the future. My 2 cents anyways.

As for K and Blunt in FF4...that's fine by me but the whole movie hinges on doing Dr Doom right. Nail that and everything else will be fine. Miss it and it won't transcend.

Daniel Day Lewis couldn't of saved that abomination that was Blade Trinity.

18 hours ago, PurityControl said:

Daniel Day Lewis couldn't of saved that abomination that was Blade Trinity.

Agreed.

I enjoyed the heck out of Blade 1.

Blade 2 was a fun action flick but nothing more. The fight choreography was amazing and Nomak was a well written & acted villain. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 4:42 PM, Moorgan said:

The animus between Snipes and Goyer was well documented.  It was to the point that Snipes wouldn't even speak to the director, but simply communicate in short post-it notes.  All the other actors were very uncomfortable when Snipes was on set because of the tension.  When Snipes was working with Del Toro, there didn't seem to be any issues.... at least nothing that surfaced in the years since those films.

Archived