• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Offensive Line

Jimmy

1 hour ago, TPanther920 said:

Newton is the QB for the Panthers. I am a Panthers fan. Therefore I support Newton. That does not mean I think he is infallible or doesn't need to improve.

Exactly my sentiments as well.  It is funny that I was a huge advocate of drafting Newton  but now when I criticize a 9 year veteran for making rookie mistakes I am suddenly a hater.

Just now, AggieLean said:

Is Ron, Hurney, and Tepper making excuses for Cam as well?

Ron does in public because he always does that for players but I doubt he does it in private.  As for Tepper and Hurney I haven't heard them comment one way or the other.  I expect we will know where they stand if they resign him or not 

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

The only difference I see is you swallow. And did you call me a Cam slob-bobber? Seriously? The only post I’ve made about Cam in 4 years is the pic of actual stats earlier. What the hell does that make you on every subject. Involving the Panthers. How many reach-a-rounds did you owe Shula by the time he finally left? Did you love him 3000? 

If you didn't have your head up your arse pretending you know more than everyone else you would know I criticize folks when I think it is justified just like I was fine with firing Shula when it was clear he couldn't fix Cam and I thought Norv could. But I do defend players and staff when I see posts grossly wrong.  You seem to know a lot about slob bobbing and reach arounds. That right I forgot you know everything about everything . LOL

6 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Ron does in public because he always does that for players but I doubt he does it in private.  As for Tepper and Hurney I haven't heard them comment one way or the other.  I expect we will know where they stand if they resign him or not 

Yea, that’s when we’ll know for sure.

2 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Yea, that’s when we’ll know for sure.

That is why Cam wants to.play so badly. He knows that this season will be pivotal to everyone's future and like most of the players he is all in. Which is why I think he plays against the Rams no matter what.

People criticizing cam for something russel wilson has made a career out of doing. Scrambling to make a play is not something you decide before hand to do. Its all about instincts and having the actually ability to do it. Some of cams best plays of his career have come for the very thing he tried to do when he got hurt. If he makes a play,  this is not even a discussion. He did the exact same thing in a pre season game against the pats last year and completed a pass after scrambling to buy time so making a big deal about this is pointless. Moose said it best on the radio today, this is just who cam is at this point anyway. If you dont like it then its your problem.

2 hours ago, Navy_football said:

Ok. So Brees and Brady never get sacked? Is that what you're implying? 3 seconds is not enough time to make a play when his receivers aren't looking for the ball - and the pocket was collapsing in less than 3 seconds. So just chuck it up there while they're in the middle of their route, huh? F it. just put it out there and see what happens.

Brees and Brady can't do what Cam can do - not a good comparison.  

Of course Brees and Brady get sacked. And 3 seconds is plenty of time to make  a play. Know where your receiver is going to be and throw it there. Receiver doesn't have to be looking the ball in all the way.

And the pocket was not collapsed in 3 seconds.  Cam had time to step up and make a throw. Again, if he steps up, the RG and RT take their two defenders out of the play, which is what they're supposed to do.

Or throw it away and live to fight another day.

Looks at the two GIFs, see how the Texan QB had 4-5 guys on top of him when he gets the ball? Cam didn't have that. He had open space in front of him Yes, the pocket was collapsing, but if steps up and makes a quick decision. he has time.

He had time to make a throw or throw the ball away. Watch other QBs, the best do that consistently.

You know what else happens if Cam gets rid of the ball in less than 3 seconds? He doesn't get hurt scrambling on that play.

Look, it's preseason, there's no game planning, things will look much different when they actually plan for what the other team is doing. But scrambling on that play was a bad decision.

It's ugly, and not in a good way.

Greg Little wasn't a favorite pick of mine anyway, but seeing him already hurt after only playing in a couple of preseason games makes me nervous.

Really, REALLY wish they would flip flop Taylor Moton and Darryl Williams, but I know that's not going to happen.

Archived