• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You guys or the Titans

Guest DrewBreesIsGod

Guest DrewBreesIsGod

I"m not here to start fights I promise. Just want to know from your perspective which organization is in more trouble right now; you guys or the Titans?

I think you guys aren't very far away from turning it around (better QB play and you'd be at least .500), but the two situations are very similar as it looks like both teams have sort of quit and lost confidence in their coach.

Peace.

Both teams are learning the same lesson: if you're not growing (adding quality starters and depth in the offseason), you're dying. Last year means nothing unless you won the Superbowl.

Having a good year + making no meaningful ugrades = not having as good a next year (or in the case of the Panthers and Titans, being much, much worse).

Having Saints trolls on here like him just give me more reason to root against the Saints. It's a law of nature that what goes up will eventually come down. It happened to us this year and will happen to the Saints at some point as well. Maybe not this year but eventually. I will be there when it does. Paybacks are a bitch.

What a fun year for football! The Panthers are definitely my favorite team, but I have sort of adopted the Titans as my AFC team.

I do think Jeff Fisher is a better coach than John Fox, but still, it's always a lot more fun to watch Carolina. Also, if one of the two teams were to turn things around and make a run this year...I could see the Panthers being the one to do it.

If Delhomme could string together a few good games and a little confidence, this Panthers team could be mediocre. Tennessee is a whole team full of players that don't even care anymore.

Although the team really sucks right now, I try to look at it with a bit of perspective:

1. The defense has gotten a bit more solid over the past few weeks.

I think there has been steady improvement with the addition of Tyler and Hollis Thomas.

2. Our Quarterback really sucks.

No need to elaborate

3. There is not a WR threat other than Smith.

Couple 2 and 3 together along with coaching mediocrity (I am being kind) and we have a recipe for disaster.

This can bbe addressed if the FO has the gumption to do something in the offseason. Not really sure if the the FO then will be the FO as it exists now but I would think some personell decisions will be made in the offseason to address these areas of concern (I personally see 2 WR and a new QB on the roster next year with Muhammed and Jarrett not being here). The panthers will not be superbowl contenders next year but I do suspect that they will be competitive.

Having Saints trolls on here like him just give me more reason to root against the Saints. It's a law of nature that what goes up will eventually come down. It happened to us this year and will happen to the Saints at some point as well. Maybe not this year but eventually. I will be there when it does. Paybacks are a bitch.

This year, if any, is proof positive of that.

The Saints have been a bad team far more than a good one. Perhaps that's why so many of them lack class in bragging about this season. They're just not used to it.

(This doesn't apply to all Saints fans -- just the obnoxious ones.)

This year, if any, is proof positive of that.

The Saints have been a bad team far more than a good one. Perhaps that's why so many of them lack class in bragging about this season. They're just not used to it.

(This doesn't apply to all Saints fans -- just the obnoxious ones.)

Apparently that's the knock on our fan base as well. We are all spoiled and feel entitled to more success than we deserve because we haven't really "suffered" like they have. But whatever, I know I as well as many other Panther fans are not like that at all.

So you're asking who is in more trouble: the 0-6 Titans or the 2-4 Panthers?

Uh, 2-4 > 0-6 so the Titans are in more trouble. Here are a few other reasons they are in more trouble:

1. Kerry Collins (been there, done that).

2. Vick 2.0 is the backup QB.

3. You don't see John Fox parading around in a Falcons jersey.

4. Double Trouble has made a few appearances, Smash & Dash are MIA.

5. We haven't lost by 59 points (yet).

So you're asking who is in more trouble: the 0-6 Titans or the 2-4 Panthers....

Uh, 2-4 > 0-6 so the Titans are in more trouble. Here are a few other reasons they are in more trouble:

1. Kerry Collins (been there, done that).

2. Vick 2.0 is the backup QB.

3. You don't see John Fox parading around in a Falcons jersey.

4. Double Trouble has made a few appearances, Smash & Dash are MIA.

5. We haven't lost by 59 points (yet).

But at least they'll have a top five pick in the draft if not THE top pick. My bet is on Tampa though for that one :)

Archived