• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daryl Williams

Pantherxtreme

7 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I dont know or have confidence that we have a good option for LT on the roster right now. It's not Williams, that's been proven. Maybe Moton, I want to believe it but need to see it this year but the staff has done everything possible to avoid doing this move. And until Little improves, he was not better than William's at any point this year. I fully support trying him out but he hasn't looked any where near ready to start.

You have to do something. Whether it's flip flopping Williams and Moton or giving Little a shot throwing him to the wolves, you can't keep trotting Williams out there at LT. Honest to god, he's worse than Byron Bell at LT.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You have to do something. Whether it's flip flopping Williams and Moton or giving Little a shot throwing him to the wolves, you can't keep trotting Williams out there at LT. Honest to god, he's worse than Byron Bell at LT.

I agree I'm just not as hopeful as other people on the board. I absolutely agree we need to be trying anything we can to find a better LT option

12 hours ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Single handily lost this game for us, horrific blocking, couldn't even stop the penetration on that last play prohibiting CMC from cutting inside.

Penetration, there were THREE defenders on the left after the jet action to Samuel NO ONE on the defense bit on the play fake. 

2 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Penetration, there were THREE defenders on the left after the jet action to Samuel NO ONE on the defense bit on the play fake. 

Yep, that play was just a complete and utter bust. It was based on misdirection, not blocking. There was only one lead blocker to lead the way and that was Daryl Williams and he failed miserably to get out in front. I'm sure the play was designed to get the entire D flowing to the right, then have have DW lead just in case a DE or LB didn't buy the fake. Well, no one bought the fake. If the misdirection doesn't work that play fails ten times out of ten. We mortgaged that game on a complete gimmick play. You're brilliant if it work, you're a moron if it doesn't. 

28 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I agree I'm just not as hopeful as other people on the board. I absolutely agree we need to be trying anything we can to find a better LT option

I think they will try Little there, before they try Moton. Because they believe in Little at LT and don't want to create an alternative narrative. They almost have to do this because they selected him high. Its also why we wont see Andrew Thomas drafted this year. Because then you're admitting that Little isn't the answer.

I think anyone with any football IQ - had the following 

Moton at - LT

Williamds at - RT

Until Marty went on air publicly and said (paraphrasing) ''I don't know how you move Moton from RT after playing so well there last season''. 

It was clear Moton is the better athlete and most versatile of the two see Week 1 last year vs Dallas before the Williams Injury. Williams was 2nd teamAll-Pro at RT and has always been more of a road grader, that was also good at pass pro for a RT. 

His lack of quickness is being put on blast, but to be real teams would just move the speed rusher to the RT's side if he switched...

I say all that to say that I am more disappointed with the play-calling, we looked much more intuitive early last season with the pre-snap motions / sweep action making defenders take false steps / open up / at least hesitate a bit on the rush. 

Last night we were static, we motioned to Pistol a few times, and had a couple  of formation shifts, but overall we just lined up, and let TB tee off, I know this is the first time we saw TB in a 3-4 -- but it's not the first time we have faced Arians / Bowles either.

Offensive play-calling / sets to help slow the rush are my No. 1 concern aside from the fact it seems that foot sprain is absolutely hindering Cam's ability to at least escape and scramble when plays break down. 

People keep mentioning that accuracy, IMO that will come with the reps, I'm more concerned that our QB can't move. 

He has always been bad.   I do not understand the love for him that some people on here have. His pro ball season he got constant help on his side of the line from tight ends and backs.  The guy is a major liability and always has been. There is a reason nobody wanted him when he tested the open market.

As I said back when we were drafting....yes, we need pass rush, but I thought we needed offensive line help more.

As good as Burns may turn out to be, I was really hoping for Dillard at that spot.

What do you know, a smart team with a smart GM grabbed him a few picks later....and they had a starter already lined up at LT.

29 minutes ago, Seoul_Panther said:

I think they will try Little there, before they try Moton. Because they believe in Little at LT and don't want to create an alternative narrative. They almost have to do this because they selected him high. Its also why we wont see Andrew Thomas drafted this year. Because then you're admitting that Little isn't the answer.

I agree about trying Litlle first, it does fit their narrative. I dont about drafting another LT. If we get a new coach, there is no loyalty to other coaches drafted players. He could become a decent starter or be a bench warmer next year. Only one way to conform it. The next question is  how long we continue with the William's debacle.

10 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I agree about trying Litlle first, it does fit their narrative. I dont about drafting another LT. If we get a new coach, there is no loyalty to other coaches drafted players. He could become a decent starter or be a bench warmer next year. Only one way to conform it. The next question is  how long we continue with the William's debacle.

Yep, if we do clean house before next year all bets are off. GMs and coaches have zero loyalty to young guys they didn't draft who've proven nothing in the league.

If there's no NFL tape on those guys, they probably heavily revert to the draft evaluations (if any) they did on those guys leading up to that particular draft.

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I believe RR has a proven track record of continuing to start badly performing players at LT. I think he and MH have Moton locked in at RT and see Williams as a stopgap to leave in FA once Little has red-shirted.

Even if a new GM and HC come in are they going to cut the cord on a 2nd rounder that we traded up for before he's even started? Can you justify picking a LT with a high first rounder the year after you picked one with a high second rounder? I know that happens with new GMs purging former picks but you have to give Little a chance to show hes bad before you can cut him.

12 hours ago, stbugs said:

Dude has been a RT his entire career and Moton played better against the Patriots starters and Dallas DL at LT last year. Also, WTF can't we see what the announcers see and give him some help? Isn't Manhertz supposed to be an unbelievable blocker? You know when the announcers repeat multiple times that he needs help that he in fact needs help.

Thank goodness we selected Greg Little at 37. Normally, players picked at 37 aren't meant to contribute at all so Daryl's our guy all year. Woo hoo. We sure did improve the left side of our OL.

Yep.  Personally, I would like to see Williams at LG and Moton beside him---but they (for whatever reason) showed no signs of giving Moton a shot last year when LT was wide open. 

I do not recall Moton ever looking bad at LT in the glimpses we saw...Wonder why no reporter has pressed RR on that...That decision alone could cost him his job.

We kept Armah, CMC, and Manhertz in the game to block.  When you do that to compensate for a T, it is like going 10 on 11.

Archived