• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everett Brown - Can we figure out how to get this guy on the field.

francois.nc

Every time this guy is on the field in the last few games, he is all around the QB providing pressure. I just wish they would put him out there more, especially now that Thomas is in the middle stuffing the run, it wouldn't hurt to have another true pass rusher on the opposite side of Pep on more then just passing downs.

His success is directly based on Brayton wearing down the blocker which allows his much faster approach to have a greater impact methinks.

On a side note, I think that ultimately Brown will work as an Abraham type player, i.e. a dominant pass rusher in rotation.

I see his stats are not impressive, I am just saying that when I have been watching this kid, almost everytime he is on the field he is making an impact although it is not showing up in the stat sheet.

Oh yeah, I'm with you there. I'm not really disappointed in Brown's performance, just that we gave away our first to get him. ;)

I've been wanting Johnson to get his shot for some time now, but I can't say I'm unhappy with Brayton's play. With Thomas and Tyler coming in, I really think this line (and defense as a whole) will continue to improve.

If Peppers is gone next year -- and I think he will be -- then it would be a good idea to start working Brown in more and more.

His success is directly based on Brayton wearing down the blocker which allows his much faster approach to have a greater impact methinks.

On a side note, I think that ultimately Brown will work as an Abraham type player, i.e. a dominant pass rusher in rotation.

you are probably right....but at the same time that is the old Foster/DWill logic of 07. I would like to see Brown get some early and often reps in a game to see where things really stand....this could be a good matchup to do that. Then again, the DL is actually playing good right now so might as well not try to tweak it too much. If it ain't broke....

:icon_bs:

Care to elaborate?

you are probably right....but at the same time that is the old Foster/DWill logic of 07. I would like to see Brown get some early and often reps in a game to see where things really stand....this could be a good matchup to do that. Then again, the DL is actually playing good right now so might as well not try to tweak it too much. If it ain't broke....

I can see the parallel but that wasn't what I intended to really communicate. I think Brown will be a good player, but I don't think he will be an every down lineman.

It is just remarkable how our team has done a 180.....Defense is the better part of our team. Last year it was the offense...and in the last 5 years ST has been garbage. Wouldnt it be nice if we could just get 2 out of 3 right?

That's one of the more frustrating things of the last year or so.

Even last year, the defense was playing pretty well the first half of the season. When the offense and specifically our running game caught fire at about the midway point, however, our defense (and secondary in particular) started really falling off.

It's even more frustrating when we have essentially that same team.

That's one of the more frustrating things of the last year or so.

Even last year, the defense was playing pretty well the first half of the season. When the offense and specifically our running game caught fire at about the midway point, however, our defense (and secondary in particular) started really falling off.

It's even more frustrating when we have essentially that same team.

jekyll and hyde man jekyll and hyde

Care to elaborate?

I can see the parallel but that wasn't what I intended to really communicate. I think Brown will be a good player, but I don't think he will be an every down lineman.

I know you didn't intend that....that is just how my mind works...but I was actually agreeing w/ your thought. Yeah, it is hard to invision Brown not be used against Carolina if used often on 1st and 2nd downs.

I don't know if it is Meeks or the new DL coach...but somebody has really gotten the ball rolling. Much better right now than last year...even when looking at comparible opponents between the two seasons.

Archived