• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can someone who’s really watched the game...

trucpfan

Can someone who watches the games multiple times who’s focused on aspects of the offensive line help me? What’s the starting Five after the bye assuming all linemen are healthy (Trai/Little/Daley/Williams) what’s our best chance against a stellar defensive line in San Fran? And moving forward what do y’all think?

3 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

Can someone who watches the games multiple times who’s focused on aspects of the offensive line help me? What’s the starting Five after the bye assuming all linemen are healthy (Trai/Little/Daley/Williams) what’s our best chance against a stellar defensive line in San Fran? And moving forward what do y’all think?

Too hard to say since there doesn’t seem to be any definitive word on whether both Turner and Little will be available. If both are, then them plus Moton, GVR and Paradise seems likely. If neither, Daley at LT and Williams at guard seems most likely. If one of the two is out, Daley subs in for that guy is my guess.

5 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Why assume Daley is ahead of Van Roten who has played well?

Because honestly Van Roten hasn't played all that well. He's really good at pulling and leading, he's marginal at everything else. I doubt he's "ahead" of VR right now simply because I don't know how much they've put on his plate as a rookie. But, long-term? Yeah, I expect Daley is going to be penciled in somewhere - my guess is LG - going into next season.

7 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Paradis needs to step up to be long term

He's almost certainly here through next season at least due to his contract. He has an $8.8M cap hit next year and $7.2M of that is dead money. I'm hoping he'll continue to get stronger working his way back from that injury, but that's been the odd thing to me. He's just looked so physically weak out there compared to NFL DL. That wasn't the case pre-injury at all. That's why I'm hoping he'll be able to regain strength over time but we'll see.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Because honestly Van Roten hasn't played all that well. He's really good at pulling and leading, he's marginal at everything else. I doubt he's "ahead" of VR right now simply because I don't know how much they've put on his plate as a rookie. But, long-term? Yeah, I expect Daley is going to be penciled in somewhere - my guess is LG - going into next season.

Well hang on a second. I know we’re talking limited sample size but given how well he’s played at LT so far, suppose Little takes more games to come back and Daley continues to play outstanding there, are we really saying the team should cede the more prestigious spot to Little just because he was a higher pick in the draft?

Or is it more that Daley can play either and Little can only play tackle?

2 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Well hang on a second. I know we’re talking limited sample size but given how well he’s played at LT so far, suppose Little takes more games to come back and Daley continues to play outstanding there, are we really saying the team should cede the more prestigious spot to Little just because he was a higher pick in the draft?

I just know Ron. Once he gets something in his head there's no changing it. Little is LT, Moton is RT. That's it.

3 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

For this discussion right now all are healthy after the bye who plays not in weeks next Sunday in San Fran? 

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Best? Probably...

LT: Little

LG: Daley

C: Paradis

RG: Turner

RT: Moton

I think that's the long-term plan anyway.

I love that combination do you think it’s a option for San Fran? I’d say GVR stays put I just feel especially after the the mic’d up episode he’s a key cog to our line.

1 minute ago, trucpfan said:

For this discussion right now all are healthy after the bye who plays not in weeks next Sunday in San Fran? 

I am aware of no confirmation that Greg Little or TrainTurner will be available for that game. If you have credible information otherwise, please share. If you’re saying hypothetically speaking, please make that clear.

Archived