• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Gamble: "Play More Man"

Kevin Greene

“Like I said last year, I want to get on Larry Fitzgerald,” Gamble said. “That’s their go-to guy, and I just want to compete with that guy. I know he’s one of the great receivers in the league, so I feel like I want to get my name out there and play my best against him.”

That said, it seems highly unlikely Fox will change his game plan.

He rarely does.

At the very least, Gamble would like to see the Panthers play more man-to-man this week on the Cardinals.

“I think we’ve just got to play a lot more man, get tight on them, and not play too much zone,” Gamble said. “They can just dump it off in the zone... I think last year we played more zone, so it hurt us. I think we should play more man, to get closer and compete with those guys.”

More:

http://www.carolinagrowl.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=226:carolinas-no-1-ranked-pass-defense-faces-stiff-challenge-ahead&catid=1:articles

Usually what would happen is that Gamble would get a feel for a WRs speed, and then go to the defensive coordinator and ask to play him man-to-man. Turdo (in this case) would give Gamble a play or 2 where he is in man coverage. If Turdo didn't like the way things were looking (Gamble getting beaten) then he would call things off and go back to zone right away. I think this pissed Fox off. Turdo actually wanted man-to-man with a lot fo blitzing, but Fox loves zone coverage.

just another example of Panther players being vocal about what they think.....

They are tired of Fox....Jenkins, Pep, and the entire team are tired of his flawed approach to the game. Gamble knows what will happen...they will play a soft scheme and front 4 rush...and get picked apart.

So you guys are actually supporting the thought that Chris Gamble...... Chris Gamble should be given the nod to cover Larry Fitzgerald in man to man coverage?

Now, i'm not going to slag him too bad in this thread. But we don't have ONE SINGLE defensive back that we could trust against ANY legit number one WR in this league. Not one. Just because Gamble is the best smelling turd among a group of other turds does not make him a legit shutdown cornerback.

Before he goes out calling for a one on one matchup with the best in the league, maybe he needs to make ONE frackin play against anybody. One big pass deflection, one big interception, one big forced fumble..... anything. Chris Gamble has had his thumb up his ass the entire year. Forgive me if this more simple zone defense is not making you look like a superstar, Gamble, but it's not our job to make you look good.

Usually what would happen is that Gamble would get a feel for a WRs speed, and then go to the defensive coordinator and ask to play him man-to-man. Turdo (in this case) would give Gamble a play or 2 where he is in man coverage. If Turdo didn't like the way things were looking (Gamble getting beaten) then he would call things off and go back to zone right away. I think this pissed Fox off. Turdo actually wanted man-to-man with a lot fo blitzing, but Fox loves zone coverage.

I call bs and would like to see a link to this marvelous little story

So you guys are actually supporting the thought that Chris Gamble...... Chris Gamble should be given the nod to cover Larry Fitzgerald in man to man coverage?

It beats the alternative which will be Fitzgerald in the slot against our 3rd CB or a linebacker. The Cardinals exploited us like crazy last year because the Panthers never adjusted and put Gamble on their best receiver. Like the Colts, if you aren't playing man and physical at the line, the Cardinals have a QB who will just wear you down finding holes in the zone.

Archived